Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Itchy nose - suggestions please
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 7-6-2018 at 07:05 AM
Itchy nose - suggestions please

Following my reply to Vakizz and saying how good nose nets are, it now doesn't seem to be helping as much as last year and Mac stopped every 100yds yesterday to scratch his nose on his leg. Any recommendations to help him please as I don't like stopping him if it's annoying him although I could by force, I'd like to find something to stop it itching. Funny, doesn't seem to affect him in the field :mad:
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 7-6-2018 at 07:45 AM

Glen a head shaker so I use a nose net all year round but as soon as spring arrives I also put a full face mask with nose over it as well. But he's a visual trigger not pollen and does do it in the field if not masked.
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-6-2018 at 10:21 AM

The ginger ninja who lived with me before going to his owner in Spain was a seasonal headshaker - we used a smear of vaseline up each nostril under the net which seemed to ease the 'tickle' he felt. Might be worth a try. The Ginger was a serial nose blower on high pollen days as well as rubbing/shaking.

I think they get almost nose pressure when grazing which probably eases the irritation response to some degree.
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 8-6-2018 at 10:07 AM

Thanks folks. Rode today and he was better. He tried to rub his nose a couple of times but I said 'no' and he stopped trying, so it can't have been too bad (today, anyway). He had a friend schooling with him today too - he's always happier in company

Go To Top