Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Happy Hacker rosette
Mary
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 10-4-2018 at 11:24 AM
Happy Hacker rosette

Lovely to get a wonderful bronze Happy Hacker rosette, if Winston wasn't so filthy - mud everywhere.... I would take a pic of him wearing it and attempt to post it. I can't say this year's hacking has got off to a roaring start, too embarrassed to say how many hours have been logged, personally I am blaming it on the beast from the east and the pest from the west and spring determined not to put in any sort of long lasting appearance. How does anyone hack more than 200 hrs for goodness sake, as for over 300 hrs - lets not go there! You must live in places with amazing riding country and be impervious to the weather - unlike some more feeble specimens like me. Respect!
vakizz

[*] posted on 10-4-2018 at 07:08 PM

Well done, likewise we have a further bronze, I did little and often last year and had hoped to go one better, but I was mostly supporting someone getting her older horse back into riding steadily. It was enjoyable that was the most important. We haven't even started riding this year, it has been so wet and muddy. My livery yard is a few miles away and by the time I have travelled mucked out and sorted for the night, plus done the two days poo picking which has been very trying, I haven't got the energy to start chipping away the mud from Cara. Last year ours all went out at night on the 3 March, we are a good month behind. Most of the yard who are in the field opposite which has a bit more grass went out last weekend, but ours is still very wet. YO had said this weekend, but after the deluge we had yesterday and last night and also this morning, I can see it might be a week later. Its lovely to get rosettes, but just as long as you enjoy your time with your pony, thats the main thing:clap::clap::clap:
getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 11-4-2018 at 08:44 AM

Love Happy Hacker too :) There certainly were some who managed an impressive amount of hours :clap:
I had hoped for more, but after previous yard move I was restricted to only hacking at weekends for a while, due to very busy road. I was taking Doug in the arena on weekdays (which isn't really my thing) just to keep him fit but didn't inlcude that as it's not actual hacking.
Have big hopes for this year but like others have got off to a very slow start and am beginning to wonder if we'll ever get properly going :dizzy::help:

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 11-4-2018 at 09:41 AM

I was more than pleased with my Merit as I hadn't hacked out for years before I was tempted out by the thought of a lovely tartan rosette :) So far this year my hacking out hours are zero unfortunately - need to get out but the weather is so foul.
As for the Your Horse 'hack 1000 hours' - I can't see how on earth anyone manages it :umm?:
jester

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 06:18 PM

Teddy and I achieved our platinum rosette for 328 hours by getting up early nearly every day. We hacked out in all types of weather and enjoyed seeing the Norfolk wild life.
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 04:08 PM

That is amazing Jester - :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done! I get up early every day - but sadly to go to work, not ride. :heh hee:

Go To Top