Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: First PR of the season today
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 8-4-2018 at 07:19 PM
First PR of the season today

Nearly did not make it for lots of reasons....OH tweaked his back on Friday & could barely hobble along, mine was not wonderful either after some log shifting. Fields still awash with mud, was worried about ponies dirty legs :stealth::stealth: Bottle fed lambs would have big gap between meals but "they" say lambs of this age only need feeding twice a day...try telling mine that!!! Also having to take a pair of ponies who tend to slow each other down due to weather meaning originally entered ponies not been ridden enough this year!!! I knew this would be a less enjoyable ride, it was meant to introduce Connie to riding through ex-mining villages rather than the open countryside she is used to. The venue is hard standing, not a lot of space for moody mares so dare not take Myrtle & Darna...they would have flattened horses parked too close so it had to be Madge & Darna who have been going well together at home but can be very frustrating away from home.
So alarm set for 6am :eeek: dogs fed, cats fed, chickens fed, sheep fed...and shooed through to big field for the day, lambs bottle fed, humans fed, ponies given hay, ponies going to ride caught....cleaned & cleaned some more.
Defender door decides not to shut :eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek: this is a far away ride & we had no time to faff with the door, once I had fixed it with a hoof pick I rang the ride organiser & she said we were OK to be late, phew.
1 hour 40 mins later, nearly there, OH's phone rings....in his pocket....I struggle to get it out of his pocket...we miss the turning:eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek: OH does amazing 5 point turn with Defender & trailer in small car park & we only lost 10 mins. Parking spot found on STONEY ground:eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek: Madge nearly refused to off-load...where was her grass picnic....the only reason she comes to a PR :D
Off to farrier & vetting right past noisy generator powering food stall, no spooks:clap::clap::clap: Ponies tacked up & off we go...Madge nearly did not start..small puddle in the way:D:D:D
The tracks were so muddy, poor Madge was trying to creep along the grass but there was no space due to barbed wire fencing. We finally reached some better going & the ponies began to enjoy themselves.
Madge failed the vetting due to pottering action...I think she was so disgusted at having to leave her food & walk across the stones AGAIN that she went on strike & I did not have the breath to run fast either so we both drooped & failed :stealth:
Darna & OH passed:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Glad we went but due to the venue I doubt we will go again

Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 06:41 AM

Always love your post ride reports L-J!!! Madge sounds fabulous :heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::clap::clap::clap:
vakizz

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 07:50 AM

I don't know where you get your energy, but I get the we planned to go so are going. Glad it went ok in the end despite the hiccups. Onwards and upwards to better days and hopefully cleaner ponies. I know I opt to keep Cara rugless, the only one in the yard, but I feel very weary this year with constantly seeing her plastered everywhere.:clap::clap:
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 09:07 AM

Least you got there and completed after this winter that a result :clap:
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 09:09 AM

Agree, love your reports L-J. Shame Madge failed the final trot-up though. :(
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 10:35 AM

Thanks folks, Madge is happy as larry this morning :) I did think the venue parking was tarmac otherwise I would not have entered!

getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 10:04 PM

Love your ride reports too :clap::clap::clap: Sounds very trying for all concerned :dizzy: But well done for surviving :thumbs:

Lysander
Super Freak

Mood: icy toes

[*] posted on 10-4-2018 at 09:13 AM

:clap:What a day, but you did it,hopefully the next one will be better:clap:

[URL=http://s546.photobucket.com/user/lysander98_2009/media/1422901651427.jpg.html][IMG]http://i546.photobucket.com/album
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 04:11 PM

Respect! What a shame you failed the vetting (but glad to read elsewhere that she is fine now). That sounds quite a testing PR all round. Hope it is onwards and upwards now - and that today's sun sticks around for a bit.

Go To Top