Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hacking out again?
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 22-5-2019 at 07:51 AM
Hacking out again?

Just as confidence levels start rising, the little s**t bucked me off on my hack yesterday :sob: No warning, no apparent reason, just suddenly sliding down his neck. At first I thought I'd be able to get back but he combined it with a shoot forward and I was gone. Managed to get back on and rode for 10 minutes before a woman with a loose dog caused me to get off and lead him, whereupon he pushed me over and took off. Luckily, someone caught him a mile on as the path round the fields passes a barn where other horses live but we still had a bit of a walk. Once again, got on and when we got home he got taken round the school for 10 minutes to show him that it was NOT the way to behave but a bit stiff this morning. So now confidence back to zero :(
vakizz

[*] posted on 22-5-2019 at 08:48 AM

So sorry isn't he just a sh.t. He obviously had one on him. People don't help do they with loose dogs. Sending loads of:bighug::bighug: and hope your not too sore. :bighug:
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 22-5-2019 at 10:08 AM

Thanks. Ache a bit today but think I'll live :)
Lysander
Super Freak

Mood: icy toes

[*] posted on 22-5-2019 at 04:01 PM

I really feel for you:bighug::bighug::bighug:

[URL=http://s546.photobucket.com/user/lysander98_2009/media/1422901651427.jpg.html][IMG]http://i546.photobucket.com/album
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 23-5-2019 at 07:08 AM

Or I'm so sorry big hugs :hug:
Jenni
Super Freak

[*] posted on 23-5-2019 at 08:40 PM

Very sorry to hear you've had your confidence knocked again. So frustrating just as you think you are getting somewhere. I hope the aches soon subside so you can get back on and give it another go.
:bighug::bighug:
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-5-2019 at 04:47 PM

Oh no! Just what you don't need. Hope the aches are easing now :bighug::bighug:
getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 27-5-2019 at 10:04 PM

Just read this - BAD PONY - :eeek: sending lots of :bighug: and healing :goodvibes:

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 28-5-2019 at 07:01 AM

Just spotted this, poor you. Hope you are less sore now & sorry to hear that your confidence has taken a tumble too. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 28-5-2019 at 07:18 AM

Did ride the following Friday but still a bit sore. Was planning to ride this morning, sitting here in my new 'Badminton Bargain' bright red breeches, but decided my pelvis is still rather painful and it's windy, so not going to bother. Have also decided that he won't be hacking him out any more and even possibly retiring him entirely as he was even looking for things to spook at in the school on Friday.
vakizz

[*] posted on 28-5-2019 at 07:57 AM

Is there anyway that you can get someone to ride out with? Such a shame to have your confidence knocked so. I still try to ride out with others. Its not always easy although at the moment Willow's owner has a huge confidence problem and Willow is very green too so we go out sedately. I do ride out along, but usually just round somewhere where I feel comfortable. Cara has been slightly daft just lately as she's been in season and yes I avoid riding alone in very windy weather. What about doing ground trek work rather than retiring him, I did a lot of fun ground work for quite some time when my hip was bad, then you can both have some fun.:bighug::bighug:
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-5-2019 at 07:44 PM

Sorry I missed this in the past, hope your confidence is returning and aches have gone. no helpful ideas but lots of gentle hugs
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 29-5-2019 at 06:59 AM

Ground trek work is great fun, it is what we did with Angus & Connie when they were youngsters & it built a nice bond. Doing something that engages the Highland brain with a reward at the end...mine get 5 mins with a Horsylyx after every ride as their thank you treat :) I know I work better if their is the promise of cake when I have done the task :heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee: so I think our clever ponies might be similar :heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee:

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 29-5-2019 at 07:14 AM

Vakizz, there's no way I would attempt to hack him out alone, he's far too nappy :( He was with his usual hacking mate.
As for a reward at the end, Mac would be desperate to get it over with so he got his treat, not necessarily in a good way! He does get breakfast after so I suppose that counts as a treat? And every time he works, he gets grazed back to his field, eating some of the nice grass instead of just walking straight back.
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 29-5-2019 at 10:19 AM

I do quite a bit of groundwork too when I'm just to sore to face riding. It's actually very good fun and IP has gone from being a muppet motorcycling around me at warp factor six to actually enjoying herself. We get the poles out, Colin the crodocile and the tarpulain sheet. My neighbours think I'm quite barking :heh hee::heh hee::heh hee:
vakizz

[*] posted on 29-5-2019 at 01:06 PM

I suppose another idea would be so you keep an involvement to get a youngster to ride him and do some jumping or shows, so that you could do all the organising and getting him ready and go in the school with him, but they could get him out and about, if he naps with someone younger they bounce:goodvibes: far more easily. You could then have the fun of going to shows etc without the worry. I did have someone ride Cara when I had my hip done. She jumped her and I think Cara enjoyed it.
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 30-5-2019 at 07:24 AM

Unfortunately, Mac is past shows - he's on 2 bute a day to be ridden as it is as he has spavins! He's 16, hence the thoughts on retiring him. Rode him yesterday in the school and he was fine.

Go To Top