Highland Pony Enthusiasts Club
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: They are chinook proof!!!!
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 04:27 PM
They are chinook proof!!!!

There I was doing a bit of weeding when I realised that helicopter noise was rather loud & getting closer...... 2 chinooks came low over the hill...visualise the start to M.A.S.H. !!!!!! Then they played "catch" & tried to knock each other out of the sky at low level over the valley, one field away from my ponies :eeek::eeek::eeek: They were not "500' from any vehicle/vessel/structure unless coming in to land" as per Air Law, I doubt they were 250' AGL!! They repeated this game for 20 mins up & down the valley!!! I doubt our valley is 3/4 mile across where they were playing as we live nearly at the head of the valley.
Now I knew my ponies are Tornado & F16 proof as they are the military aircraft that play up here, we have never had chinooks before so I was pleased to see the ponies stood waiting for their tea...hopeful as it was 2 hours before tea time, doing a bit of mutual grooming & not bothered in the slightest:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 05:10 PM

how wonderful, ponies that is. bit naughty of the pilots
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 09:09 PM

Pleased to hear that. We sometimes get one come across us at Tunstall - the engine noise is very different and the first time we heard it there was a little bit of agitation from the ponies - we were hacking out at the time. Not sure they'd have put up with the low flying.

Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 09:09 PM

Pleased to hear that. We sometimes get one come across us at Tunstall - the engine noise is very different and the first time we heard it there was a little bit of agitation from the ponies - we were hacking out at the time. Not sure they'd have put up with the low flying.

vakizz

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 10:21 PM

I find the sound of them quite evocative of Vietnam. They give me the shudders. We get them quite a lot out here, though not where I am now,but in previous yards we seem to have a lot. Its great when they don't take any notice, clever ponies, sometimes having that one great thought of food in mind, can be very helpful.:clap::clap:
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 10:18 AM

:clap::clap: well done ponies
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 11:36 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: well done, ponies!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

As it turns out, IP is not single snapping twig proof.... well at least not today. Can she come and stay with yours :hail::hail:

[Edited on 20-2-2019 by Midge]
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 06:37 PM

Good ponies. The owner of the farm I keep my boys on son landed a small helicopter just the other side of the wall from my 2 didn't even stop eating.

Go To Top