Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Got to love a sulky mare
L-J
Super Hero

biggrin.gif posted on 10-2-2019 at 06:10 PM
Got to love a sulky mare

OH's mare, Ladarna, had a major sulk today....he had stuffed her haylage net so tightly she could not easily access the contents! They get nets when they are tied up for grooming/tacking up etc. First she pratted whilst having her feet picked out, then whilst having her girth tightened. She missed spooking at a noisy quad driving by...her face showed her disappointment:D
Connie hoovered her net down & was about to strop due to lack of food so I took Darna's scorned net & gave it to Connie. I swear Darna was laughing as Connie had to work extremely hard to get the haylage out! However Connie managed to finish that net too before we were ready to set off.
Happily they were both good on the ride despite their last & only outing this year being on 6th Jan :) Nice to be out :)

jester

[*] posted on 10-2-2019 at 06:18 PM

You were lucky to hack out today, it has been raining all day!
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2019 at 07:59 PM

Painted a great picture I can see her pulling her lip over her ears.

Glad they were good Glen only had a week off with snow and he was foolish to put it mildly first ride out. X
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-2-2019 at 08:02 AM

IP is shocking too when she's had time off - I wish she wouldn't as its bad enough trying to persuade my body that it does know how to ride.

Small hole haynets are the bane of a Highland's life - I had one bale of very long stalked hay and the contortions that ensued to beat the haynet into submission enough to be able to get to it were hilarious. Mac short circuits such problems by actually eating the net first....:thud:
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 11-2-2019 at 12:11 PM

It must be in the name, as my Mac chews holes in his net to make it easier to access the contents! :)

Go To Top