Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Any pony plans/hopes for 2019
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 07:46 AM
Any pony plans/hopes for 2019

We are hoping to get our younger ponies fitter so we can do longer PRs. We will not get to competitive distances, no urge to ride more than 32km, we will leave that to younger, fitter riders :) However it would be nice to be able to do 24-32km rides again. We have been doing 12-18kms for the last couple of years as we bring Connie & Angus on slowly & steadily :)
Also hope to get Myrtle enjoying travelling in the trailer again...she has obviously got fed us of Darna rocking the trailer, literally, as D has SI & every time the trailer stops D rubs her bottom against the bum bar. Myrtle tries to bite D every time the trailer pauses at a road junction...not a relaxing trip for any of us!!
M loads happily enough so plan on trying a trip with Madge, if that goes smoothly then we will try a trip with Angus as M&A will make a nice PR pair. A is a bit wary of trailer loading so need to know M will not be beating him up before we try them together. Reckon if she does not beat Madge up then Angus should be safe :)
Not sure fitting one of those mesh anti-biting panels would be easy in our Richardson trailer, prefer to find a pony Myrtle enjoys travelling with :) Peace & harmony for 2019 :) :)

Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 11:21 AM

I hope to get IP properly fit (if my body doesn't let me down) and begin showing Mac a little of the big wide world. He's still growing but not so fast so I'm hoping he'll be ready for a brief introduction to ridden work as he will be 3 in May and of 'active' mind :cool::cool: which is not always a good thing....

[Edited on 31-12-2018 by Midge]

[Edited on 31-12-2018 by Midge]
Mags
Super Freak

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 11:43 AM

I just hope I can get Fingal to stay where he’s put and not see every fence as a puzzle designed to see if he can work out how to get through it. (I blame Parelli games). But Fingal may have other plans for 2019 :(
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 12:34 PM

Rory will be 6 so hope to step up his ridden work and get him exploring the Mary Townley Loop (his big brother Glen made the official DVD) and other bits of the Pennine bridleway
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-1-2019 at 06:59 PM

Just hope to be able to ride for the whole year. 2018 seems a wipeout, March had my knee replaced but had stopped riding shortly after I had seen the surgeon as was feeling a bit worried about jeopardizing my surgery with an accident. Was just regaining confidence and having fun when I could ride again and the strangles hit and Thyme was stabled for about 7 weeks. Just getting back on now, rode last day of 2018 and first day of 2019 but just at walk. Had a trot today
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 10:05 AM

Would be nice to be able to ride bit more, like FoxyThyme. And after last years' failure to get out more than twice, need to get hacking out again :)
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 18-2-2019 at 05:23 PM

I am not aspiring to anything higher than a sound rider and a sound pony. Although both seemed out of reach for most of 2018 and 2019 not off to the best of starts with Maddy back to the vets and diagnosed with arthritis in her pastern and coffin joint in both front feet. This can be treated but as vet would like to use steroids we have to cushings test first and then take the process very slowly to minimise the laminitis risk as much as we can. She is currently on box rest as she had so many nerve blocks last Friday I don't want her our in the field with pincushion legs.

vakizz

[*] posted on 18-2-2019 at 07:10 PM

I'm just hoping to source my saddle so I can feel safe and comfortable to actually get out and ride. Am managing a bit of pottering with newbie cob on yard, with an old synthetic from YO, but my saddler didn't like it and said it would push me forward. Not a thing you want to stick in your mind. Other than that a nice early Spring so I can stop mucking out would be very nice.:clap::clap::clap:
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 10:30 AM

Hope that you get a new saddle very soon vakizz, nothing worse than a saddle which does not make you feel secure.
Squillions of healing vibes to Maddy & hugs for you Rebecca

Rebecca
Administrator

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 09:11 PM

Thank you LJ. Echo your comment to Vakizz - saddles are difficult enough in a highland owners life without having to deal with them being stolen.

Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 06:48 PM

Sorry to here about Maddy hope the treatment works x
getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 09:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Rebecca  
I am not aspiring to anything higher than a sound rider and a sound pony. Although both seemed out of reach for most of 2018 and 2019 not off to the best of starts with Maddy back to the vets and diagnosed with arthritis in her pastern and coffin joint in both front feet. This can be treated but as vet would like to use steroids we have to cushings test first and then take the process very slowly to minimise the laminitis risk as much as we can. She is currently on box rest as she had so many nerve blocks last Friday I don't want her our in the field with pincushion legs.

I have sent you a U2U Rebecca :bighug:

Rebecca
Administrator

[*] posted on 27-3-2019 at 08:29 AM

Thank you GetaGrip. That is interesting and I will discuss with my vet. We are in this for the long haul.

vakizz

[*] posted on 27-3-2019 at 07:18 PM

Sending lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: for you and Maddy.:bighug:

Go To Top