Highland Pony Enthusiasts Club
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What was your best pony moment in 2018?
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 07:36 AM
What was your best pony moment in 2018?

As the end of the year has arrived I thought it would be nice to look back at the good bits of this year.
Mine was Connie leading for the whole PR for the first time & doing it with her ears pricked, enjoying it. There was no need for me to urge her on, just like riding Doug :) On previous rides there had been short spells where OH's pony would have to lead as Connie had run out of bravery & needed to be able to relax & follow a pony she trusted until her brain recharged :)

Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 11:33 AM

Not in anything as exciting as a PR but my best pony moment was actually stupidly taking IP a little off piste in an overgrown moorland area (I really did think that there was a track there somewhere!), getting injured (not really seriously) and, because of necessity (to attend to rather a lot of bleeding - me not her) having to drop the reins completely, hitch up my knees and let her find the way out for us. She was simply incredible, negotiated some horrible steep skree and didn't miss a step until she found the road again by going forward and not back where she had come from. So my special pony moment for 2018 was her courage, common sense and, ultimately, total trust of our partnership. I'll never forget that she is almost always wiser, smarter and much more sensible than I am :heh hee::heh hee: Love my pony :inlove::inlove: (even if she does use her poo for a pillow....)
Mags
Super Freak

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 11:45 AM

So enjoyed the two Becky Chapman courses we had this year. Two more planned for next year too. Hope my body can keep up with it.
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 12:36 PM

Glen hardly need to say more 23 and still going like a youngster
vakizz

[*] posted on 31-12-2018 at 06:39 PM

Despite the heat of early Summer, rediscovering the delights of evening riding, something I haven't done since a teenager. Meeting at 7pm and just riding in lovely countryside in the cool evening breeze in t shirts and enjoying the daylight until gone ten pm. The icing on the cake would have been to come back past the local pub, which has just been saved from a developer and is now owned by a community consortium and is going to be still a pub, but a meeting place, coffee house, b n b, shop etc. and hopefully getting a cool cider to end with, would be wonderful. I keep telling them to get the cafe bit up quickly too, so I can get my latte fix :thumbs:
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 2-1-2019 at 04:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vakizz  
Despite the heat of early Summer, rediscovering the delights of evening riding, something I haven't done since a teenager. Meeting at 7pm and just riding in lovely countryside in the cool evening breeze in t shirts and enjoying the daylight until gone ten pm. The icing on the cake would have been to come back past the local pub, which has just been saved from a developer and is now owned by a community consortium and is going to be still a pub, but a meeting place, coffee house, b n b, shop etc. and hopefully getting a cool cider to end with, would be wonderful. I keep telling them to get the cafe bit up quickly too, so I can get my latte fix :thumbs:

A summer evening hack plus pub/cafe to visit en route sounds delightful

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 10:26 AM

To be honest, I don't think I had any special moments last year - sad really :( Maybe this year
Veronica
Super Freak

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 13-1-2019 at 10:25 PM

Mine was H and I negotiating a short drop down the track through the woods that leads to the ford. It might not sound much but it required coordination and trust. The others were his long and patient wait in 90 degrees of heat to do a showing class which was delayed (he came 3rd) and his win in an hand class on the same day, he got a sash (I've never had one before) and a rosette for Best Gelding, which he was. I feel very lucky to ride him. Oh and the other was sitting on him on the Royal Wedding day and hearing the church bells while he played around in the ford!
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-1-2019 at 08:46 PM

Probably when confidence returned after my knee replacement and having such fun on little courses my instructor laid out for us. Just waiting for the strangles all clear then can continue.
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 19-1-2019 at 02:49 PM

Great that your knee is working well FT, hope your yard is soon free of strangles xx

Go To Top