Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wind!!
L-J
Super Hero

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 07:18 AM
Wind!!

Eeeekkkkk! BBC weather on line is predicting gusts of 74mph for us at 3pm.....when the tree surgeon is due to come & look at our dodgy ash tree....think he could be viewing it with binoculars from a safe distance! No riding today!!!!

Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 08:28 AM

Umm distant view of it sound safer.

It's really getting up here already running up a hill this morning head on into it was challenging.

May try bungy strapping myself on to Glen later depends on what been blown down.
vakizz

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 09:57 AM

Its getting a bit gusty here, but nothing too bad in comparison. Just hoping it holds off any rain as I'm supposed to be pootling out just after 12. My friend with the dartie is due to take her away soon back to her place. She has a small holding/kennels and there is room for Millie, but it is on a fast road and the riding is awful which is why she has been with us for the summer. I will miss her as she is very good company, talks more than me and very funny. I am trying to persuade her to keep Millie as she was bought for the grand-daughter by her mum and is really not showing much interest. Millie is absolutely lovely for the little she cost and unknown quantity, she is so good natured and willing and really hasn't put a foot wrong and obviously lives on fresh air. :clap::clap:
vakizz

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 08:09 PM

Well that was a big disappointment, it was ok here all morning and I left at 11.20 to go to yard and it had just started raining. By the time I got there it was raining really hard horizontally and so gusty, so that was riding out of the window. We just had a nice social cuppa and catch up instead. Of course by the time I then got home it had stopped raining and the wind had dried everything up nicely.:umm?:
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 13-10-2018 at 06:41 AM

So frustrating when that happens, Vakizz!

Its been blowing since yesterday here - IP and Mac are ridiculously giddy with it all. I am with cold, a proper stinker, so no riding/running or anything in between for me:help:
L-J
Super Hero

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 13-10-2018 at 12:53 PM

Hope you feel better soon Midge.
Wind gusts reached 66mph just as the tree surgeon arrived .... I watched from a distance, he bravely/foolishly went under it for a closer look.

Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 14-10-2018 at 11:03 AM

Hope the tree surgeon survived!

It has calmed a little here but still steadily raining.

The cold has gone chesty but, aside from feeling more than a little detached from my body, has allowed me to remain upright for more than 10 minutes at a time. I fed, poo-picked and moved the electric fence for fresh grass (against my better judgement as IP is podgy however she begged and I hadn't the strength to argue) but then had to shuffle back to the sofa when I may remain, with a hot water bottle and a spaniel, until its time to do tea for all.

I hate being ill :mad:
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 14-10-2018 at 01:15 PM

Midge sounds a nasty carry on hope your better soon.
Jenni
Super Freak

[*] posted on 14-10-2018 at 03:35 PM

It has been awful here for the last 3 days but finally stopped raining at lunchtime. Got woken up by a bang about 2am on Saturday and lay awake for ages worrying that a tree had landed on the roof or something. Then my bedroom door slammed shut again.....:doh:

I hope you feel better soon Midge. :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 15-10-2018 at 06:31 AM

Thanks for get well vibes :flowers::flowers:

I'm still proper miserable with it - although, if someone has to have it, I'm glad its me and not my children.
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 15-10-2018 at 07:02 AM

Poor you Midge - get well soon :bighug:
L-J
Super Hero

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 15-10-2018 at 09:31 AM

It is horrid when lurgies linger, get well soon Midge.
Have had quote from tree surgeon, not too scary :D Now just have to see when he can fit us in.

Go To Top