Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Today's hack
L-J
Super Hero

biggrin.gif posted on 4-10-2018 at 01:27 PM
Today's hack

Been teaching our ponies to do a very collected trot on downhill tracks on the moors. This collected trot is meant to be slightly faster than a walk=good for PRs. Today we took Myrtle & Angus for a fast training ride & when we got to the collected trot downhills they both shortened their strides nicely but went just as fast as they do when they are doing their fabulous extended trots. Their legs must have been a blur like on Tom & Jerry!!! Think they must have been enjoying themsleves as this was their decision :)

[Edited on 4-10-2018 by L-J]

Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 06:20 AM

I do downhill trots as well because some of our hills are sooooo long and IP needs reminding to get off her forehand when she's a bit tired.

I was really interested to hear what Katherine said about tolting in trot as IP has done this and I had thought it was a pace break rather than a tolt - thinking about it now, thats what it was :D
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 07:29 AM

Jealous as I haven't been able to ride for nearly a month as waiting for saddle fitter as back lady told me it was hurting Mac - and the weather has been lovely, typical :(
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 08:56 AM

Jura wasn't the only one my second Tam also used to tolt but on the flat. Took a bit of getting used to.

Planning/plotting the next Iceland trip and want to get some riding in see what the tolt feels like at it's different speeds.

Another strange one I've tried not on a highland is a pacer very strange to start with but so effortless when you get going and fast. But blew my mind when I tried it sidesaddle that was to much to handle.

Go To Top