Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Last scheduled PR of the year
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 16-9-2018 at 06:49 PM
Last scheduled PR of the year

....& already having withdrawl symptoms :D
It was a Ride Yorkshire event...they raise fund to get inner city children from Leeds out in the countryside on horses :) The venue was Birdsall House near Malton so we were in lovely Wolds countryside near Wharram Percy https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/wharram-percy-deser...
We were forecast 45mph gusts at home this am & the "actuals" were 37mph+ as we caught the ponies so I left Connie at home & took Madge...totally unflappable unless she sees/smells a pig. OH took Darna. The journey was OK but slow & when we got to the venue, as forecast wind speeds were less but it was spitting with rain....happily that was all the rain we saw.
Madge & Darna are not a fast combo as Madge "listens" to all Darna's concerns....Connie & Myrtle ignore Darna's "WOW LOOK AT THAT" moments wheras Madge stops to look too!! However on a twisty track through woods with very odd steep bits, fields with young cows & young cows peering through the fence our trailer from 30' away Madge was a star...not a twitch of concern :clap: She did however query a lot of decisions....she knew that fastest was back to the venue through this gate, or how about the next gate...rather like a satnav "Turn left NOW" was her mantra :D She listens better to OH as his legs are 6" longer than mine & stronger...my left leg is more of an ornament whilst riding thanks to my arthritic flare up & Madge knows my weakness :D
Once we got back to the venue Madge was horrified that we did another loop...only 2 miles but this took us through the stately house grounds including down the main drive :) https://birdsallestates.co.uk/birdsall-house/ The autumn sun was shining & the grounds were lovely.
Lunch, including cake, was provided :clap::clap:
Hopefully the local endurance groups will put on a couple of end of season rides but if not this was a posh finale to our Spitchwick Cup performance cards:)

vakizz

[*] posted on 16-9-2018 at 09:07 PM

Sounds wonderful, it was such a lovely day too. Yes you will miss it, but perhaps not when its horribly wet and cold. You have achieved so much this year, must be really pleased. :clap::clap:
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-9-2018 at 06:49 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 17-9-2018 at 07:16 AM

Wow, that sounded lovely. When I had a 'proper' eventer, I was the same at the end of the season, already planning next year's events :)
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-9-2018 at 08:11 AM

sounds wonderful, very jealous wish we could have a more exciting life but mistress is a wimp in the open and lack of transport. Maybe one day
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 17-9-2018 at 08:13 AM

Sound's a lovely way to end the season:clap:
getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 17-9-2018 at 08:14 AM

Sounds like a great last ride of the season. :clap: Lucky you have plenty of ponies to choose from - the winds up here yesterday were horrendous :eeek: but we still managed a hack out (in company) Doug just put his head down and got on with the job - only :eeek: moment was when a pheasant went up behind a wall and he did a vertical teleport - my pal said it was like a Thelwell cartoon to watch :heh hee:Many moons ago I used to do endurance and always looked forward to planning next years rides, it was such fun, I can sympathise with your withdrawal symptons. Maybe you'll squeeze in just a couple more rides . . . ;)

Jenni
Super Freak

[*] posted on 17-9-2018 at 06:12 PM

Glad you had a good last ride of the year, and that there was CAKE. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Go To Top