Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Showing question
bronagh
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 10:41 AM
Showing question

Our younger Highland, Lockie, is definitely not a pony - he was measured at 15.1 when we got him, but we're convinced he's grown. Obviously, we can't show him in M&M classes. Our local fun/novice show has a native part-bred class. Do you think we could put him in that? If not, they have classes such as nursery novice and novice for any type to get experience, plus ridden and in - hand family horse and riding type. I'm sure any of those would be good experience, but it might be nice to see him against horses of a similar type.
mirandaandhector
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 06:58 PM

Unless he looks absolutely huge I would be tempted to enter the M&M class anyway if it's just unaffiliated? Novice/family horse classes also sound a very sensible option

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 07:20 AM

Agree with above - he isn't a part-bred, he's just over height.
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 08:56 AM

I have an over height too - Mac (still only 2 though) is well over 15.2 and still growing. His sire was 14 hands on tiptoe, his dam full up 14.2 so he's tapped into some Highland giraffe gene from somewhere!

I've seen overheights Highlands in novice, working hunter, riding pony (may classify as horse on his height) and I don't think there are often restrictions on height for family pony/horse. The downside is having to go in the ring with 16.2 ballet dancers :heh hee::heh hee:

I second the trying in M & M if unaffiliated anyway and it would be great fun and experience for all.
bronagh
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 09:06 AM

Oh, yes, working hunter is a good idea too.

I did suggest to OH that he takes him in M&M and I just hide - he's over 6 foot, with long legs, so Lockie doesn't look too huge, whereas if I stand next to him it's going to be very, very obvious :heh hee::heh hee:

Go To Top