Highland Pony Enthusiasts Club
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I told Myrtle we were going for a relaxing mooch but....
L-J
Super Hero

biggrin.gif posted on 25-8-2018 at 12:12 PM
I told Myrtle we were going for a relaxing mooch but....

.....within 1/4 mile home the pony which has recently come to live behind a high hedge snorted loudly just as we passed it....Myrtle leapt 1' straight up in the air, landed four square & waited to see if I panicked...as I did not we carried on walking but now very alert :)
Next hazaerd was the cows in the field we were riding through. Myrtle is not fond of cows & after seeing pronking large calves close up last time we were out, I took her off the track out of the way. All was fine until one of the cows decided its friend was bulling & mounted it....Myrtle was instantly wide awake again:D
After a relaxing couple of miles we then saw the game keeper on quad towing a trailer which had a wooden hurdle bouncing around in it. Luckily we were not going down that bridleway but M was wide awake again:D:D We had a very active trot home, giving the cows an even wider berth this time. Pony behind the hedge was quiet but we met a car parked in a odd place with the young driver repacking the back of his hot hatch....contents included 24 cans of Fosters...Myrtle snorted & jumped so I said we were not used to seeing cars there...just waiting for my mate????????????? For an hour ???????????He was there on the way out but just sat in his car, if he is still there when I go by with Madge in an hour I will try & memorise the number plate.

jester

[*] posted on 25-8-2018 at 05:59 PM

Well done for staying calm, I expect you were pleased to arrive back in one piece.
vakizz

[*] posted on 25-8-2018 at 07:24 PM

You do have some exciting rides:eeek: Have you got any festivals around you for the chap with his fosters? You are a bit off the track for someone to be waiting thats for sure:umm?:
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 26-8-2018 at 06:30 AM

No festivals but the pub in the next village, over the hill, is hosting its annual biker bank holiday bash. Maybe he was waiting to be able to turn up with somebody on the correct mode of transport :) It is always cram packed with tents, fancy motorbikes & folks :)

Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-8-2018 at 06:59 AM

Sounds like a 'fun' ride!

I thought of you the other day as IP and I watched about 20 teenage age cows come barrelling down a very steep field on the opposite side of our valley - down at the bottom of the hill was a small group of high speed walkers who had managed to achieve the speed of light to get to the gate before the cows did, backpacks and nordic sticks flying in every direction :heh
hee::heh hee: The cows arrived in a broncing mooing pile, as young cows do, just as the gate clanged shut depositing the walkers safely behind it.

I saw the group again later on my ride. They'd taken the long way round rather than risk 'the field where no-one in their right mind goes' :heh hee::heh hee: The cows love that field as they can spot their prey from a mile away, wait for them to be channelled into a small group around the 'Dorset' gate (held together by string and will power alone) then just when the prey is power walking the hill, they start their charge....

Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 26-8-2018 at 08:32 AM

Fosters no wonder she was looking I see her as a G n T pony. :heh hee:

getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 26-8-2018 at 07:42 PM

:eeek::eeek::eeek: glad you got back in one piece :hail: :clap:

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 27-8-2018 at 06:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Katherine  
Fosters no wonder she was looking I see her as a G n T pony. :heh hee:

:heh hee::heh
hee::heh hee: Yes, Myrtle would never be a lager drinker. G&T or champagne would be her tipples of choice:heh hee::heh hee:

Jenni
Super Freak

[*] posted on 27-8-2018 at 04:53 PM

Do you ever actually get out for a relaxing mooch? :heh hee::heh hee::heh hee:
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-8-2018 at 06:53 PM

You do have some interesting rides

Go To Top