Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Equifest
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-8-2018 at 07:26 AM
Equifest

Lovely to see some nice Highlands at the HPEC show at Equifest yesterday - numbers seemed to be down though? I didn't get there until 9.45 though so missed the adult in hand classes, which may have had more in. It seemed to be the trend though, as the whole Equifest seemed quieter than usual on that day (can't say about days other than Sunday though).
vakizz

[*] posted on 13-8-2018 at 09:11 AM

Nice to see you Rossie. Wednesday was quite busy, but I did think that the whole of Equifest occupied a smaller area than in years past, usually there are classes going on right over the back grassy areas too. It seems that apart from a few general classes in the inside ring for Equifest most classes seem to finish on Saturday these days, so Sunday seems to be a bit of a clear up day, which is a bit of a shame as it loses some of its character and buzz. Yes by the time I got there I only saw about two classes then it was lunchtime and I had a mooch about and left early to miss the traffic getting back. I don't know if its a sign of the times these days. People seem to go to qualifiers close to their home as they are run all over the place, rather than travelling across the country. Its a shame.

Just looking at the facebook page and it looks like there was something for HOYs going on at Stoneleigh yesterday too.

[Edited on 13-8-2018 by vakizz]
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 13-8-2018 at 12:07 PM

Ryedale Show which has always had a dedicated Highland Pony in hand class only had 2 entries this year, in the past there have been 12-15 entries. Partly this may be because the Great Yorkshire now has 4 dedicated Highland Pony in hand classes.

Go To Top