Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Riding anyone?
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-7-2018 at 07:20 AM
Riding anyone?

Typical, isn't it? It was far too hot to ride last week, although I did manage a couple of mornings at 8 before it really got hot. This week the mornings have been lovely and cool but my son is on holiday and I'm left to look after his dog, 5 cats and 7 horses! So no riding for me this week :banghead: I bet it's back to hot next week - or pouring with rain :D
vakizz

[*] posted on 13-7-2018 at 08:26 AM

I've been managing to ride a couple of times in the evenings with someone who has a dartmoor here for the summer. She is good fun, so its a chatty ride with lots of laughing, but we are up for 12.15 today so I am hoping its going to keep cloudy. It has been such a difficult Summer though. I haven't ridden in the evenings since I was a teenager, no-one else would in the yard and I am not keen on riding solo if no-one else is around, so I have actually been really enjoying it.
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-7-2018 at 08:28 AM

Always happens!

I've kept Glen ticking along going early or late Rory had a bit of time of between the heat and horse flies I didn't want to prompt a Kevin moment. As it been a bit cooler this weeks had him out a couple of times and he's storming along enjoying his self.

Really chucked it down here last night and more forecast but where desperate as another moor gone up and its half a mile form my friends rescue sanctuary. Where all on standby to help evacuate if need be but hopefully the rain will save them.

Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 13-7-2018 at 12:53 PM

Crikey Katherine, I hope you get more rain - that sounds scary.

We've storms forecast here but they are patchy so may bypass us. I can't wait for this weather to break now but that's my northern blood shrieking for drizzle and low cloud :heh hee::heh hee:

As for riding, we've been a bit hit and miss as bareback and busy (with the book). Luckily I have managed to get a secondhand treeless from fleabay but now need to wait for a xxl pommel insert for it as the one the saddle came with is for a pony who isn't square with the shoulders of a shot putter :heh hee::heh
hee: I actually wouldn't mind riding in the rain.... :stealth:
vakizz

[*] posted on 13-7-2018 at 04:36 PM

I rode at lunchtime today as it was cloudy and not so hot. It rained, it was like someone up their sprinkling icing sugar from a shaker and lasted about 5 mins at the most and that was it:thud: You could almost hear the ground screaming more, more!
bronagh
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-7-2018 at 01:26 PM

Amazingly, yes! The ground is like concrete and we've had no rain in the last seven weeks or more, but Shay seems to be holding up with the navicular (thank goodness for bute). We're just doing a lot of ambling though, trying to build Lockie up to twenty minutes of trot, keep Shay sound and avoid the heat and flies.

Go To Top