Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Too hot
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 26-6-2018 at 07:08 AM
Too hot

It must be an official heatwave as I've resorted to bringing Mac in during the day. He has a field shelter, but as he is strip grazed, we're unfortunately a couple of weeks away from it yet :(
He seemed happy enough yesterday, as his girlfriend is in during the day too. :inlove:
Unfortunately, it's also too hot to ride as I normally ride at 9.30. I did consider riding at 5.30 yesterday, after the puppy got me up to let her out but if I tried, she would then bark her head off until breakfast time and drive OH up the wall :D
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 26-6-2018 at 08:07 AM

it is blistering. I'm looking after my fiend ones at the moment and by the look of it they spent the who day in the shelter. Least poo picking was easy
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-6-2018 at 10:30 AM

Roasting here too. Mine are also shelter hoggers and demanding extra rations as I've no grass to speak of. Strange though IP is still :fat: although she tells me she is just big boned :heh hee: Mac is a skinny long legs but doing fine on roots and dirt :heh hee:
vakizz

[*] posted on 26-6-2018 at 10:41 AM

Its always something or nothing in the UK, but I am not a heat lover though do like to see the sun, I like Spring and Autumn usually, though not this last Winter/Spring which went on forever. How on earth we can have it so dry after all the wet is unbelievable. Because everything started growing so late our grass isn't up to much though across the road in the other field its ok. Cara is looking fine, though I am giving her a bigger fill-up feed than usual at this time of year. I did manage to ride last night. Usually ride with someone in the daytime, but realising it would be :angryfire: I suggested an evening ride. It was still quite warm at 7pm though, but we did find some breeze up on the small open hill over the back. We don't have a shelter, but there are very mature hedges surrounding the whole field so they can get in the shade if they want to. Its my poo picking day today, but won't be up until later this evening. I am walking the dogs in the local community woodland, which means we are in shade mostly. I would like to say I take them out very early, but after the late ride last night, I overslept!! Mine are noisy first thing too Rossie, once I open an eyelid they are, come on, come on, lets go, out the door etc. :thud:
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-6-2018 at 11:18 AM

Larry is a barker (as well as a digger...:mad: ) so frustrating when you are just trying to relax and they set off again. My girls have named Sir Larry Barksalot which gets often changed to Sir Larry Fartsalot :heh hee::D:blush:
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 28-6-2018 at 06:32 AM

The joys of living 600' up, 2 miles from the north sea...we can ride at midday ATM :) Doubt it could ever get too hot to ride here, there is always a nice breeze from somewhere:)

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 28-6-2018 at 07:04 AM

There must be a down side to living there L-J, or we'd all be there :D I guess it's great in summer but truly dreadful in winter?
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 28-6-2018 at 07:53 AM

Correct Rossie, being able to ride ATM makes up for all those days when I cannot due to ice across the lane/thick fog/howling gales/snow & the rest of you are out there on your ponies making me feel jealous:) Mind you the moorland tracks are like concrete so we are taking it steady.

Go To Top