Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Myrtle's halo is shining
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 23-6-2018 at 06:30 AM
Myrtle's halo is shining

Myrtle has been a bit of a plonker lately, getting a strop on when I try & pick her feet out...solved by changing where I tie her up to groom her, trying to attack Darna in the trailer...not solved yet, hope Myrtle will travel nicely with Madge but not had time to try this out. Myrtle loads very nicely still so I wonder if what is upsetting her is Darna always itching because of SI & making the trailer rock. Myrtle does not beat Darna up in the field. Happily Connie is travelling well with Darna :) Myrtle also refused to line up at the mounting block, sloved this by lining her up so I could mount from the off side. Brain strain!!
Anyway back to yesterday, out on the moors when I spotted a ewe on its back in a nearby field. Rode close & yelled at it, it wriggled but to no avail. I have rescued a ewe once before in the same field whilst riding Myrtle, several years ago. That time I looped her reins over a fence post but OH & I decided afterwards that was a bit dodgy so this time I looped her reins round a crossed over stirrup. She could still reach the grass.
I climbed the pig wire, the rickety stone wall, the 3 strand wire fence & walked to the ewe, whose lamb was having a drink whilst she was on her back!! Got her up only to see her stagger off & fall to her back again....repeat getting her up & this time she tottered off down hill. Climbed the wire fence, wall, pig wire & back to Myrtle. She had not moved a step!!!! What a good mare:inlove:
ATM my leg leg is rubbish thanks to an arthric flare up & mounting is difficult, no nearby rutted tracks where I could put her into a dip & reduce her height...14.2hh so I apologised to her as I lifted my leg into the stirrup & hauled myself up...she stood like a rock:inlove:
A few minutes later as we were bowling along a track home I spotted baby birds just in front of us, brakes applied/anchor thrown out & she stopped on a sixpence avoiding 10 baby partridge the size of brussel sprouts! Very newly hatched as they just sat there, no peeping. I only knew they were partridge because mummy did VTO under Myrtle's RF. Myrtle stood like a rock :inlove:
Her other halo shining moment was last week when a bloke started a chainsaw just as we went past, in fairness he could not see us & he was wearing ear defenders so he could not hear uus...all she did was a 2" hop on the spot then carry on walking :inlove:

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 23-6-2018 at 07:28 AM

What a wonderful mare - definitely got a halo :flowers:
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 23-6-2018 at 07:46 AM

Myrtle :cool: what a fabulous pony :clap::clap::clap:

I will, from now on, always think of partridges as brussel sprouts - fantastic :D
vakizz

[*] posted on 23-6-2018 at 08:40 AM

You know now that she can do it, which is great as it means she is being a plonker those other times. It has been a very odd year and a lot of mares seem to have been unsettled, lets hope they have it out of their system and its onwards. :clap:
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 23-6-2018 at 01:46 PM

Ups and downs but sound like she's doing ok glad you missed the chicks
getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 25-6-2018 at 09:28 PM

:hail: Clever girlie :clap::clap::inlove:

Go To Top