Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Horse flies
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 20-6-2018 at 07:30 AM
Horse flies

Anyone else having problems with them at the moment? They aren't too bad on our yard but hacking out by the water filled ditches yesterday on the way to the field rides, they drove poor Mac mad so we had to turn back early - even then they followed us part of the way home, nasty blighters.
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-6-2018 at 08:12 AM

Horrible things, fortunately we don't get them being a bit of open windy high ground. I react quite badly to them but they cant test for an allergy to them.

when poor Thyme went to boot camp in Cheshire I realised how awful they were to her. being white she ended covered in red spots
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 20-6-2018 at 08:35 AM

there shocking this year. Gave in and bought my 2 fly rugs. I normally ride Glen in the morning so he's not too bad but poor Rory is in the evening and he's really being bothered but fortunately is a lot more stoic about it than Glen.

Had some nasty bits myself and had to resort to steroid cream to take them down.

They normally only last a month to 6 weeks so I'm looking forward to them bogging off to whatever underground rave they spend the rest of the year at. (well they must be up to something)
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-6-2018 at 08:48 AM

They are horrible here too, somedays IP looks like she's been pebble-dashed with red paint :eeek::blue: They are spending a lot of time in the shelter out of the way.

When I was riding they seem to be restricted to certain heights as we'd go through a patch of them then they were gone again on higher ground. They are the worst flies :mad::mad:

Go To Top