Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Interesting PR today
L-J
Super Hero

smile.gif posted on 17-6-2018 at 02:54 PM
Interesting PR today

Took Connie & Darna to Dialstone=a lot of road work but great wide verges so can escape the tarmac :) Connie led most of the way, she was amazed by a wind turbine at a farm, especially at there was a weird mechanical noise at the farm too...but probably not the turbine. OH thought it could have been a reversing forklift truck. Got past it OK on the wrong side of the road. She coped perfectly with 2 cyclists zooming past without warning...we were on the verge, phew. Darna is not fond of bikes so she bounced a bit but Connie was fine:clap::clap: Onto the nice grassy track along the edge of the Hambledon Hills by Sutton Bank & she was cantering nicely...until we saw the photographer....has to stop & look at them:D Set off again but soon we heard thundering hooves & awful horse screaming...it was only a stallion coming up at speed...Connie wears lots of red=kick & green=novice ribbons in her tail but no consideration from the rider of the stallion...luckily there was space to stop & turn Connie to face them. She was then a bit on edge for the next few strange horses that came up behind us but by the end she had relaxed again:clap::clap::clap: The turbine got another serious stare on the way back to the venue:)
We only did 12km as the next distance was 24km & she is not ready for that yet. We did our 12km in 1hour & 12 mins:clap::clap::clap: a touch over 10km/h & she was still trotting at speed at the end:)
I spotted the stallion at a trailer so took a longer route back to ours to avoid it...only to find it being led directly at us:eeek::eeek::eeek: More squealing but Connie had our trailer=food in her sights so she ignored him. By the time we were ready to load to go home both ponies were obviously in season!!!! Oh the joys of meeting a stallion!! Once took Myrtle to a show, M was not due in season for a week but within moments of seeing a stallion M was in season...how do they do it??????????? Tarts!!!!

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 18-6-2018 at 07:06 AM

Well done to you and both ponies :clap: If it was me, I'd have had a word with stallion owner about the way to overtake slower horses!
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-6-2018 at 07:23 AM

Well done. You do seem to have some very interesting rides and your ponies seem very good with strange objects
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 18-6-2018 at 08:23 AM

Sound an interesting one but glad you got round ok.

Maybe time to sit the girls down and have a talk on morals :heh hee:
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-6-2018 at 09:22 AM

Katherine!!! That made me laugh out loud!!!:heh hee::heh hee:

Fantastic report, as always, L-J. Quite makes my day to read your updates, even more so as I'm kicking my heels on the sidelines at the moment.:D
vakizz

[*] posted on 18-6-2018 at 10:13 AM

Well done to Connie and you. Its a shame about the stallion, you would think the owner would be a bit more responsible. We have a wind turbine near, but you can't ride that close, she sounds like she is going to be a cracker!:clap::clap:
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 19-6-2018 at 07:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Katherine  
Sound an interesting one but glad you got round ok.

Maybe time to sit the girls down and have a talk on morals :heh hee:

Myrtle is called "Bilberry Tart" when she is in season...the latin name for a bilberry plant is Vaccinium myrtillus, she has no morals:stealth: not sure a chat would work as she is very opionated :heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee:

FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-6-2018 at 08:29 AM

For the first time Thyme seems to have had a wild season, have done a separate post. My friend was going to ride her last night but decided better not but my instructor is coming to ride tonight but I have warned her so maybe just lunge as I wont be there at the beginning.
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-6-2018 at 08:37 AM

Isn't it odd with mare's seasons. Last year IP was foul alternating with short colic episodes - I ended up scanning her ovaries as it was so out of character for her and, having had her since she was weaned, very concerning. She was a monster one day, unapproachable and furious with everyone and everything, then clingy and needy the next. I put her on Regumate for the remainder of the spring/summer and my lovely girl returned.

This year she's as fabulous as always. Comes in season without to much drama, no colic, no fury. Very odd.

Go To Top