Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: UFO?
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 14-4-2018 at 10:55 AM
UFO?

There's a funny glow in the sky this morning :D I even had to put Mac out without a rug - I will regret it later but no plans to ride until Tuesday so he can get muddy. The field is still better adapted to growing rice than grass :help: but the latter seems to be growing apace so I've had to fence him in part of the field, which is getting trashed so swapped him over today, hoping the new grass would take his mind off rolling.
Jenni
Super Freak

[*] posted on 14-4-2018 at 12:08 PM

It is strangely bright and warm here too. I've even had to take off one of the two fleeces I normally need indoors. :cool:
vakizz

[*] posted on 14-4-2018 at 02:48 PM

We saw it yesterday when I was at Belton Horse trials. Taking some pics of the horses at water jump and I suddenly looked up and there was this ghostly round light appearing through the murk. Actually had a good day and it got warmer and warmer. A bit different from the previous night where I actually had to keep my socks on as my feet were so cold and I had all my thermals back on like it was the middle of winter.:o
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 14-4-2018 at 04:15 PM

It was here too, albeit briefly, until a sea fret rolled in. I think IP arranged that so I couldn't see quite how disgusting she had managed to get herself in the now glue-mud gateway :eeek:

Its forecast to rain again tomorrow so we can all relax!
vakizz

[*] posted on 14-4-2018 at 06:21 PM

There was me thinking that I might go up and try and get the mud off Cara tomorrow,so I can actually get a saddle on her, the mud is completely ingrained under her chest and girth area where it was clipped, her cheeks are something to be seen. Because I have been going up late afternoon and doing her bed, it means its difficult to groom the wadges of hair. I need the bed to be up. If I do it outside it means I then have to clear it all up, its hard being in livery sometimes, I do try to keep the yeti self contained in her stable. But they only have to walk through the knee deep watery mud to the gate and they are plastered. Mind you just that bit of heat in the sun today has made everything shoot up a foot, particularly the rape. I am hoping they may go out this week, or otherwise the grass might get a hold.
jester

[*] posted on 14-4-2018 at 06:33 PM

You are all lucky, no sun here until evening, hope to go to Belton tomorrow and guess what rain forecast!
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 06:51 AM

The weather was so good yesterday 3 of our ewes, who had had their hooves tightly crossed, lambed...huge lambs...you could tell they had been inside longer than needed :) Only 2 left to lamb :) So far 15 ewes lambed, 24 lambs of which only 6 are ewe lambs so none to sell this year! 3 of the very well bred ram lambs have been left entire for showing & hopefully selling as breeding stock :)

Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 09:41 AM

It was lovely here yesterday - T shirt weather. I was helping son and his OH at a show yesterday and it was lovely to be out in the warm sun.
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 11:07 AM

Went running in the Lake's yesterday and sat having a picnic in the sun in the afternoon sun seem to be hiding today but still warm enough to ride without thermal yay
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 04:13 PM

I have been playing on / off with the thermals all week .... and mostly getting it wrong, as we have had horrible haars most of the time. But today I was (whisper it) too warm with my coat on during my hack.

Go To Top