Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Gallops training going well
L-J
Super Hero

cool.gif posted on 12-9-2017 at 04:01 PM
Gallops training going well

Connie loves her "gallops" & marches down the steep hill in anticipation of thundering back up:) We do the steep hill near the start & finish of all her hacks ATM. She went out with OH & Darna the other day, she beat Darna hands down on the first time up the hill & I had forgotten the GPS :(. The second time, after 7km of hacking at a moderate pace, Darna had far more oomph than Connie:) Also Connie came home covered in sweat & required a sponge off, Darna was just gleaming and her saddle cloth was dry!
Today we cracked stationary to canter in 1 stride :banana::banana::banana::banana: Stationary is the hardest bit :heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee: She did it both times.
When I have remembered the GPS her fastest times have been 31.4k/h & 30.7k/h so there is plenty of room for improvement:)

Lysander
Super Freak

Mood: icy toes

[*] posted on 12-9-2017 at 06:05 PM

Speedy highlands :banana::clap::banana::clap::banana::clap:

Mags
Super Freak

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 06:45 AM

:heh hee::heh
hee::heh
Katherine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 07:46 AM

Sounds like great fun :clap:
Rossie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 08:06 AM

:clap::clap::clap:
Val S.
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 09:15 AM

:clap::clap::clap:
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 10:15 AM

I'll pop my racing saddle in the post to you L-J :clap::clap::clap:

Well done Connie and well done Darna for showing the youngsters how it should be done with cool poise :clap::clap::clap::P
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 10:18 AM

You are putting me to shame here L-J .... I had planned that we would set off in a steady away fashion and then go faster; not sure if we will go as a group and/or individually and in pairs. I am not sure everyone will be up to a racing start: heh hee: :heh hee:

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 04:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Rebecca  
You are putting me to shame here L-J .... I had planned that we would set off in a steady away fashion and then go faster; not sure if we will go as a group and/or individually and in pairs. I am not sure everyone will be up to a racing start: heh hee: :heh hee:

I wondered if we could all walk & trot round the first time so we & the ponies get a feel for the track then the second time we could go in pairs & do what speed we fancied & when. I know we would get our fastest speed if we asked for it earlier on the track rather than waiting until the end to fully open the throttle:heh hee::heh hee: However as they both do endurance they will not race unless they are given permission so we can hang back & do our own thing :) :)

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 04:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Midge  

Well done Connie and well done Darna for showing the youngsters how it should be done with cool poise :clap::clap::clap::P

hee::heh hee::heh hee: No thanks.............I am riding long & deep in a comfy saddle:heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee: even if my dad was a noted point to pointer in his day & had a winner's cup presented to him by the Queen after one race. Don't ask me which race....my dad b******d off when I was 1yo so I do not know him, I only remember my grannie showing me the photo when I was a little girl.

Mags
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by L-J  

hee::heh hee::heh hee: No thanks.............I am riding long & deep in a comfy saddle:heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee: even if my dad was a noted point to pointer in his day & had a winner's cup presented to him by the Queen after one race. Don't ask me which race....my dad b******d off when I was 1yo so I do not know him, I only remember my grannie showing me the photo when I was a little girl.
Mags
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 05:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mags  

Ah. Now I see where you get it from. I'm like Rebecca. Thought it was going to be a chill outing not a rerun of the derby :)
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 05:58 PM

Ah. Now I see where you get it from. I'm like Rebecca. Thought it was going to be a chill outing not a rerun of the derby :)

I believe they used to have Highlands galloping round the ring at RHS along with Clydesdales & Shetlands ..... that is what I hope to emulate:D I am not skinny enough for a Derby re-run :heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee: & certainly no jumps for us:heh hee::heh hee::heh hee::heh hee: I leave that for the braver riders

vakizz

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 09:01 PM

:clap::clap::clap::thumbs:
Jenni
Super Freak

[*] posted on 14-9-2017 at 06:23 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 14-9-2017 at 08:28 PM

Your model sounds great LJ and just what I had in mind. Sandy is concerned that we won't be able to stop everyone going together but I think Elsie will stay with Maddy and Maddy always behaves well at BHS camp so I am hopeful. At the moment we have one other pony (Kate Newton) coming. Hoping a few more people might come along now that it has been advertised in the newsletter. I am struggling to get time to ride at the moment although Sandy and I boxed to Pinchinthorpe today and had a lovely hour and a half in the forest - albeit at walk as her OH was with us on foot.

Go To Top