Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Excuses and training plans
Jeanette
Administrator

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 09:10 AM
Excuses and training plans

The thing about having been given a training plan is that it makes you get on with stuff.
No being fluffy with yourself and making excuses as to why pony or you are able to do task x or ride route y.
I felt a bit like this yesterday.
If I'm honest I really didn't want to ride. I'd had a play with Jack in the morning, fallen asleep in the sun in the garden and could quite easily have left it there.
But the plan said that Rannoch and I had to go out and tackle those downhill jogs again. grrh!
Riding through the village on our way up to the local gallop track (in fact just an undulating permissive route route round a very big arable field)
Rannoch and I both felt decidedly sluggish. It was a lovely sunny day and with no training plan I would almost certainly have cut the ride short and just had a pottle round the village.
More so, because I've not been up the gallops with him on my own before.
But we persisted, and I'm glad we did.
Starting the climb up out of the valley on the bridleway that leads to the gallops and all of a sudden the boy knew where he was going and picked up uncharacteristic impulsion,
so much so that when he spooked at a big Road Closure sign that was placed to one side of the bridleway he spun and I came right off out the front door.
oops. I thought he'd see the sign miles ahead and was Ok with it..but actually he didn't really see it until we were on top of it!
I landed on my bottom so that was fine, I got back on.
I'd put a balance strap on the saddle to see if it would help with the downhill jogs on the gallops. It did. We were flying and at the bottom of each downhill section Rannoch was asking to
canter the uphill sections..so we did.
Wow. It was the most energetic ride I've had with him on our own and with nobody to give us a tow.
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 09:24 AM

Wonderful Jeanette. I must work out my plan for this afternoon.
Sendie

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 10:17 AM

I think we can all be like we cannot be bothered but after you get your gear on, have a great time its all worth it in the end, well done

]
Helen

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 04:40 PM

Jeanette I think I need one of your plans.... I am definitely fluffing about at the moment!

What I was most impressed with was the fact you came off but got back on and carried on with the plan.... blimey just think a while ago you wouldn't have done that.... go girl!!
Hazel T
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 06:56 PM

I was just thinking the same thing as Helen, you didn't let the fall stop you getting on with it and it's amazing how far you have come. Glad you didn't hurt yourself and wonderful that in the end you and ponio enjoyed a good blast.
Kate and Rurie
Administrator

Mood: Happy!!

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 07:45 PM

Sounds like great fun, glad to hear Rannoch enjoyed himself too. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Hope your derriere is not too bruised by your dismount!

milton

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 08:23 PM

Wow I am impressed - I need a plan too...I would have definitely given up after the spook and coming off. In fact yesterday I went to hack the mad morgan and as soon as I got her out of the field and tied her up it all went wrong - she reached down to get some grass, caught the rope over her head, tried to rear but couldn't because caught under the rope and then scrunched my foot into the ground with her hoof. Luckily she got herself free, but I just decided maybe it wasn't a good idea and put her back in the field.

Then went for a lovely relaxing ride on Marilla instead!:D

Go To Top