Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Awards
welshflora
Super Freak

Mood: positive

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 08:26 PM
Awards

I was wondering as I was filling out my cards whether we could have a Versatile Highland award?

Purely for selfish reasons :thumbs: as Blue seems to be a jack of all trades, master of none type of pony.

Rachel W
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 10:25 PM

I think that would be a great idea - after all they are the versatile breed ;) maybe number of things attempted in any one year?
Lysander
Super Freak

Mood: icy toes

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 11:43 PM

:clap:if the committee approve it I would happily sponsor it

[URL=http://s546.photobucket.com/user/lysander98_2009/media/1422901651427.jpg.html][IMG]http://i546.photobucket.com/album
erminstrudel
Super Freak

Mood: Brrrrr!

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 11:47 PM

I've tried that before...would love a versatility award & would also be happy to sponsor it :D

Helen

[*] posted on 5-1-2015 at 09:31 AM

We already have a "Highland Pony Ambassador" award which is for ponies that represent/promote the breed in some way (usually other than straightforward flat showing). So if there is a pony that does lots of "other" things then they could be nominated for this. I think "versatile" pony would juts really duplicate this one.

We also have an award for "Best Working Highland" which covers everything from ponies in trekking centres/riding schools/RDA/Therapy, etc.

Also the best mare/gelding/stallion awards takes into account all of the activities that a pony has done and points from all sections are included, so again this is usually won by the pony that has done most across all areas.

[Edited on 5-1-2015 by Helen]
welshflora
Super Freak

[*] posted on 5-1-2015 at 10:57 AM

I thought about it because last year Blue and I did show jumping, arena eventing , Trec, dressage, camp and fun rides. We'll be doing exactly the same in 2015. Everywhere I take him people comment on how good he is and how versatile (and how pretty of course!) This year I've entered him in the Novice Performance Award but next year there won't be an award to suit him for the true all-rounder he is.

He isn't - I assume but I'm not sure - good enough, nor do we do enough of any one thing, to enter the individual awards.

I'll have a look at the Highland Pony Ambassador Award more closely, Helen - I thought that was more for a pony who had done something very special like the Jive Pony highland. I have probably misinterpreted it.

Helen

[*] posted on 5-1-2015 at 02:02 PM

Its always worth putting in a card I have cards here with just a couple of entries and others with loads. Whatever you do goes towards the rider award and the overall best mare/gelding/stallion (as well as overall points Champion & Reserve). So even if you think you haven't done a lot it often adds up to more than you think.

The points system also means that you get points for everything even if you are not placed in the thing that you do.

The Ambassador could be a pony that has done something exceptional but equally it could be a pony that just promotes the breed across a variety of disciplines.
welshflora
Super Freak

[*] posted on 5-1-2015 at 09:26 PM

I can't find the link to the Ambassador Award....is it something you can do every year, or just a one-off thing? I'm still not completely convinced it would overlap with an all-rounder award, sorry to appear awkward.

Thanks for the info about putting cards in for individual disciplines, I didn't realise it was worth entering with just a few things written on :thumbs:

Helen

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 08:08 PM

The Ambassador award is every year and decided by the committee but anyone can put in a nomination
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 10:20 PM

Welshflora are you entering him in the Domino Foxglove award? If he does not win an award this year then as a 9 year old, or older, he can enter the Leyhill Novice Award which covers all disciplines as far as I can tell. I have entered Darna and Madge in that category for their PRs. Also depending on your age, you and Blue can enter one of the rider awards too:)
Great that you and Blue get up to so many different activities:clap::clap::clap::clap:

welshflora
Super Freak

[*] posted on 7-1-2015 at 11:32 PM

Yes I've done those ones, thanks. It was the Foxglove one that made me think about it, because I won't be able to do it again next year, and there didn't seem to be an alternative.

Never mind, it's not really important. I'll do the individual cards next time and it'll be interesting to see how I get on :thumbs:

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 09:47 AM

Welshflora as far as I can tell the Leyhills is the version of the Domino for older ponies, I cannot of explained myself right in my previous post.

[Edited on 8-1-2015 by L-J]

welshflora
Super Freak

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 06:28 PM

:) You explained it fine L-J - but Blue is only just rising 7. By the time he's 9 he might have won tons of HPEC trophies ;) :heh hee: and wouldn't be eligible :cheers:

What I was after was something I could enter year after year - it might challenge us to try new things each year or do more of, or be a bit better at, the things we do already.

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 07:34 PM

Ah, I see now what you are after. That is like the HPS Performance Awards

Rachel W
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 12:33 PM

I've never attempted to do these cards before and I'm a bit confused(not for the first time in my life :heh hee::heh hee:). Can events count on more than one award card or only one? For example I'm a mature rider so can I put in a card in for the Gissing Stud mature rider award and list some of the same things on the Domino Foxglove novice award?

Also is the AGM on during the day or in the evening and do you need to attend to receive an award - I am hoping to come but I'm entered in an indoor Trec competition on the Sunday so if the AGM is in the evening I won't be able to attend.
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 02:46 PM

Hi Rachel, I enter the PRs we do onto 1 The Spitchwick Cup for long distance riding 2 The Gissings for mature riders and 3 the Leyhill or Domino depending on the pony, so yes one ride goes onto 3 cards:)
The AGM this year is starting at 10.30 am for 11am, business bit first then a talk followed by lunch. The awards will be given out after lunch and is will probably be all wrapped up by 4pm.
Hope that helps and hope to see you there....I am making a pudding for the lunch :)

[Edited on 9-1-2015 by L-J]

Rachel W
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 05:57 PM

Brilliant, thank you L-J
Helen

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 06:35 PM

Thanks for the answer L-J

You are absolutely correct and can enter as many categories as you like.

I'm very much looking forward to your excellent pudding making skills :clap:
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 07:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Helen  
I'm very much looking forward to your excellent pudding making skills :clap:

Me too ... LJ is a very good cook indeed!

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 12:00 AM

I am blushing Rebecca, I am doing a ruby coloured syllabub :)

[Edited on 12-1-2015 by L-J]

Sendie

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 17-1-2015 at 06:54 PM

can I ask if you entered the awards and are lucky enough to win a rossie but cannot go to the AGM, would they be sent out, assuming I pay for postage

]

Go To Top