Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Super Violet!
Heatherrose
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-10-2014 at 02:36 PM
Super Violet!

I had a lesson yesterday & oh wow! Violet was just amazing, I'm still buzzing. Instructor really pushed us and Violet was going from walk into a super trot just from me giving a click with my tongue. We did some lovely extension along the long sides of the school, then more collected on the short sides. She was really stretching out with her neck and extending with her front legs & I could feel her back end coming right underneath her.
We then worked on a 15 m circle using weight aids to increase and decrease the size of the circle, keeping straight bend on the circle & leg yielding in or out, not once did I loose her through her shoulder.
I haven't ridden like that for years, both having a day off today - I ache, so I'm sure she must, we were both very hot after the lesson, but I'm sure she was proud of herself & knew what a good girl she had been. She hung around for ages afterwards for scratches & cuddles :banana::banana::banana:

Jeanette
Administrator

[*] posted on 31-10-2014 at 03:28 PM

That sounds like a really good lesson. I'm sure that keeping them from popping a shoulder and getting that engine in gear are linked. Which comes first though?!

Well done , glad you are so made up with Violet and recognised what you have achieved to.
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 31-10-2014 at 04:27 PM

Sounds wonderful :clap::clap::clap:

Hazel T
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-10-2014 at 07:29 PM

:clap::clap:well done to you and Violet, it's lovely when they work hard for you. I haven't had a proper lesson on Duncan for a few months but it killed me, so exhausting. I also have the problem of the shoulder popping so well done for cracking that. It's lovely to hear a very positive post.
Rachel W
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 31-10-2014 at 07:36 PM

Sounds great, there is nothing so satisfying as a good lesson - but my goodness they're exhausting :heh hee: I always feel the need of a large G & T when I get home, purely medicinal of course;)

Go To Top