Highland Pony Enthusiasts Club
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Roving Ruby goes North of the Border
louise

[*] posted on 10-5-2014 at 09:14 PM
Roving Ruby goes North of the Border

As you already know, I had a fabulous time at Highland and Fell Pony Camp. Madeleine’s human handed me over to Jessie of Combebank’s human, and I made friends with Jessie straight away. Jessie’s human did take some photos of us doing things at camp, and one of me with my passport at the big stone that says ‘Scotland’ on the way home, and there is also a video of Jessie and I doing our first ever jump, but unfortunately Jessie’s human is too dozy to get them off the phone they were taken on, so today we went to Tesco to buy a camera.
So, at last, we have some photos of my time in Scotland.

Jessie and I:

This is me with Jessie’s mum, Whitefield Lady Chatterley (Lady C):

I am rather fond of these little chaps. I know they are the wrong breed, but they are very friendly and kind. Hamish:

And Dusty:

The other ponies were out on the hill, so we had to use an alternative mode of transport for me to meet them:

Here they come:

Wooplaw Fancy and Mowhaugh Delilah:

Jessie’s human decided they were all too fat, so they had to follow us down to the farm. L to R Wooplaw Fancy, Achtriochtan Ailadh, Mowhaugh Delilah, Whitefield Queen Guinivere, Trailtrow Raffan Rosie:

Then we went in for our tea, and I met one of my own kind. She is called Wobble, and she showed me some lovely HPEC trophies that Lady C and Hamish won in the Performance Awards:

Once the small humans were in bed, we went for a ride. Jessie and I didn’t want to go as it was very wet, but her human said that if we want to go to the Border Highlands Training Day at the Ian Stark Equestrian Centre tomorrow, we needed the exercise. It was OK once we got ready:

And we’re off:

Jessie and I were a bit bored at this bit, but Jessie’s human said it was interesting. Personally I think she has lost the plot, but she claims that this road, on which we didn’t see a single vehicle or even a person, was once the main road from England to Scotland, and thousands of sheep and cattle were driven along it, maybe by men riding ponies like Jessie. She also claims this is a very old sign post, which tells you how far it was to the nearest drover’s inns (Kelso 13 miles, Cocklawfoot 2 miles). It looked like a big stone to us:

Back to the farm. Now, are you going to tell them that it is the wrong sort of highland on the sign, or am I?

Ruby x

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 10-5-2014 at 09:23 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Great to read about your time at Mowhaugh and it looked like you were having a great time on the quad:clap::clap:
Mags
Super Freak

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 06:45 AM

What s lucky pony you are Ruby to be in such a wonderful part of the country. Looks like you are having a wonderful time meeting all those lovely ponies. Even if it is raining. :clap::clap:
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 08:36 AM

Fab visit Ruby. I will post your camp adventures v soon. Promise.

Jules
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 10:14 AM

Great photos and lovely ponies.
Hazel T
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 11:05 AM

Lovely photos, very interested to see all the lovely ponies and Ruby is having great fun though I suspect she might prefer cake to a wet ride out, or is that just me?
louise

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 03:46 PM

I think you could be right!

Go To Top