Highland Pony Enthusiasts Club
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Guidance on signatures/avatars?
getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 19-5-2012 at 06:10 PM
Guidance on signatures/avatars?

This may be rather foolish but I was toying with the idea of changing my pics in my signature strip:dizzy:

Can anyone please give me a SIMPLE up to date guide and explain about the sizes etc. as all the info on here seems to be quite old.

I use photobucket:banghead: and have just discovered an easy way to edit pic size:banana: (that is for pics on posts - not tried for sigs yet).

When I say SIMPLE - it will need to be - VERY :doh:

Fleas
Unregistered

[*] posted on 20-5-2012 at 04:13 AM

easy peasy, altho it can be a pain in the butt using pb for sig pics but if you have cracked the sizing issue in your own way you will find this easier - I had to change to tinypic to get consistent sizing results!

Go to your pb account and overview - where it shows your pics in mini size. Right click on the actual photo (not the codes underneath) you will get a grey box appear, choose the bottom option 'properties' by right clicking on it.

Another grey box appears on the left - Highlight the 'Address URL' part of the code that comes up using the right mouse button - this is where pb can be awkward as sometimes the code is mashed but you are looking for a clean code starting in 'http' and ending '.jpg' (sometimes if you go through the first processes above it comes out with a billion added numbers keep trying or try a diff photo or go to tinypic who are better at this lol).

If the code looks good and not weird after highlighting it - left click on it and 'copy'

Have hpec open in another window and go to your control panel and 'Signature' section and type in [img]then paste your code in (using left click again)straight after followed by[/img]
To add the next picture do the exact same thing but remember to type in [img]first then new code followed by[/img] put them next to each other - they seperate themselves that way and you dont get a 'list' of photos going down the page, if you put gaps in they wont go across the page :)

Finally if you are fiddling with your edit control panel, dont forget to always go to your Avatar section too and just after the box with your current code in right click till it says 'Valid' in green or when you confirm it all at the bottom your avatar goes walkabout and you feel the need to bash your head onto the keyboard and give up the will to live ;)

Teasle

[*] posted on 21-9-2012 at 10:38 PM

Go to your pb account and overview - where it shows your pics in mini size. Right click on the actual photo (not the codes underneath) you will get a grey box appear, choose the bottom option 'properties' by right clicking on it.

Help I don't get the properties option? Can anyone assist

Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 22-9-2012 at 05:13 PM

I am useless at this sort of thing - hence the absence of a signature strip :blush: I would look at someone's you like and send them a U2U to ask how they did it.

Teasle

[*] posted on 22-9-2012 at 08:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Rebecca  
I am useless at this sort of thing - hence the absence of a signature strip :blush: I would look at someone's you like and send them a U2U to ask how they did it.

Thanks Reb will do! x

getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 22-9-2012 at 09:58 PM

:heh hee::heh
hee::heh hee: I still haven't had the courage to change mine since my post back in May - and now left with no IT dept at home:help:

Have found a foolproof way of getting PB pics on here at correct size tho' - can't quite remember how I did it but it works:dizzy:

I'll see how you get on Jill before I venture further:whistle:

Teasle

[*] posted on 24-9-2012 at 08:33 PM

:banghead: No joy, more worryingly though I'm unable to update anything on my control panel. Even when changing mood it comes up as error don't know what is wrong :(

Moonysmum

[*] posted on 24-9-2012 at 09:03 PM

This thread spurred me to try and add some pics to my signature. I followed the instructions but nothing happened so I gave up. Logged on the next day and lo and behold the photos appeared!! Not sure if there is a time delay or if some magic fairy was able to see what I was trying to do and did it for me!:dizzy:

getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 31-10-2013 at 10:41 PM

O.K. so 18 months on and I still haven't changed my sig strip:doh:
Can anyone tell me if I need to resize the photos I choose to a very small size and if so what is the size:dizzy: Thanks :wavey:

Go To Top