Highland Pony Enthusiasts Club
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: nominationed performance awards, unsung hero, working highland,ambassador and personality.
Jackie
Unregistered

[*] posted on 18-10-2010 at 05:25 AM
nominationed performance awards, unsung hero, working highland,ambassador and personality.

HPEC Performance awards 2010

If you haven’t already got your performance cards in yet you have a few weeks before we start counting.

Could last year’s winners return trophies to me at the address given in the Highland Times which will be with you shortly, unless they are coming to the AGM.

Also I would like nominations for the following awards.
• Unsung Hero
• Working Highland of the Year.
• Highland Pony Ambassador for 2010
• Highland Pony Personality for 2010

Entries for these awards need to enclose a short account of why you think they should win.

Unsung hero can be for any person a HPEC member would like to nominate and will be judged by an independent panel.

Working highland can be for any highland pony nominated by a HPEC member and is judged by me!

Highland pony ambassador and personality are new awards, nominations are invited for this award and this will be judged by your committee. It is envisaged that the winners will receive a training bursary.

Caro
Unregistered

[*] posted on 18-10-2010 at 07:33 AM

Just to add a point of clarification:

The Highland Pony Ambassador should be a pony which has significantly raised the profile of the breed as a performance pony during the current year. This should be based on reports in a variety of media and by preferance should not be showing (or just showing) so that the versatility of the breed is demonstrated.

The Highland Pony personality award is not for competitive success. It is for the pony who has entertained HPEC members with great character during the year. This can be based on reports in Highland Times, attendance at area events (such as area rides) or by reports on the HPEC forum (other forums are not acceptable as this is an HPEC only event). Yes - you do have a better chance of winning if you tell us what your or your friends' ponies are doing! There is no age limit on this award and the pony does not have to be ridden but it does have to be a highland (this was decided in committee when I wanted to nominate wee Bobby! Bobby is otherwise a perfect example of what we are looking for).

There will be a training Bursary for the ambassador and vouchers for the personality.

The committee are looking forward to lots of nominations!

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 18-10-2010 at 07:44 AM

Sent my "unsung hero" nomination to Rosemary with my AGM slip & meal cheque as I was not sure where to send it. Wrote it by hand so hope she can forward it on to you, thanks.
islander
Super Hero

Mood: optimistic!

[*] posted on 18-10-2010 at 10:01 AM

aww caro,i will tell wee bobby!lol,thanks for thinking of him!xxxx

Caro
Unregistered

[*] posted on 25-10-2010 at 01:22 PM

Just bumping this - more nominations please! (the prizes are good! ;) )

Glenshee
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 08:41 PM

Is it too late to nominate?? I have just read this!:(
Jackie
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 10:01 PM

No not too late

Go To Top