Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ballinton dispersal sale
HeatherCornes
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-8-2005 at 09:39 PM
Ballinton dispersal sale

Am a bit confused does dispersal sale mean stud being sold up?
Sandie
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-8-2005 at 09:50 PM

Scott is selling his ponies & his farm due to personal circumstances.
Highlander
Super Freak

Mood: Croila Chieftain

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 12:50 AM
End of an Era

Ths is very sad news and has been rumoured for a long time.
It really will be the end of and era and I wish Scott all the very best in whatever his next venture will be.
As you all probably know Scott and his father Hugh were pioneers of pony trekking along with my own father and grandfather. It was probably the pony trekking that gave an outlet for ponies in the 50s, 60s, and 70s to ensure that there were always plenty being bred and that may have preserved many of the bloodlines we have today. Without this use of the breed the gene pool would certainly be even narrower than it is today.
It is no secret that our family and Scott's Family have always being friendly rivals (well mostly friendly most of the time) but it is really sad to see the demise of the Ballinton stud if it does happen.
I hope we can all go and support him at the Dispersal Sale and hope that the lines of the 'dene ponies live on for a long time yet.
Ruaridh (From Russia)

amanda

Mood: excited :)

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 08:50 AM

Yes it is a great shame, thanks to Scott and Fourmerk I have my two wonderful girls

kirsten
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 10:10 AM

Scott is unfortunately selling Ballinton and most of his ponies. It is the end of an era and very sad for me as I keep my pony (Stuartdene) on livery at Ballinton and will miss all the help and advice Scott passes on.

There isn't a dispersal sale as such (i.e. one big sale day) - the ponies are being sold throgh the website, in fact if you have a look at the website they are going really fast!!!!
Highlander
Super Freak

Mood: Croila Chieftain

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 11:06 AM

Kirsten
Where is the webiste ?? I am sure some people on here would be interested to have a look and maybe get one of the last of a famous line.
Ruaridh

Glenshee
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 11:20 AM

Highlander - it's http://www.ballintonhighlandponies.co.uk

They're selling like hot cakes!! A friend of mine bought a 2 yro last night to start her own stud!! Her husband is now rather fragile this morning!!:heh hee:
soupdragon
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 11:26 AM

Despite protests from OH did have a peep at the brood mares for sale,but I just cant afford another pony at the moment.....but if I sell the colt foal?who knows......It is the end of an era,but Im sure that scott will ensure that the ponies find the right homes.
Highlandtango

Mood: Is wishing the weekend was longer!!:)

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 12:01 PM

I was most sad to hear that the stud was being sold. Scott and his ponies started my interest in Highlands and I can only wish him all the best and hope that the dene and ballinton lines continue in our breeding stock. I have looked at the sight several times as I would dearly love to assist by buying a pony but unfortunately am not able to do so. Please pass on my kindest regards to Scott for all his hard work and words of encourage over the years. Jo Jeffs
vixxstar
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 12:22 PM

Before I knew his proper name, I always referred to him as Mr. Highland pony:)

Good luck to Scott, and well done anybody who is lucky enough to own one of his ponies! (especially Fyfe!):inlove:

poshpaws

Mood: Fast approaching togdom!

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 04:02 PM

It must be heartbreaking to see all his ponies go. I keep looking longingly at the website and notice that my favourites are rapidly being sold off. If only I had pots of money and lots of land....... (I need a dreamy smiley here!)

hilary
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 05:02 PM

I'm in no way able to buy and keep another pony but in my dreams I would have loved to have owned a dene. It's very sad indeed.
j higham
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 05:15 PM

Does anyone have an idea of how much to foals may be I would dearly love one.I have been thinking for a while I would like another. The timeing could be ok too...::umm?:
j higham
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 05:39 PM

I forgot to put in the post I have tryed to phone Scott but no answer and he has not returned my call as yet!... just being a little impatient....:umm?:Ive looked on green flag and it is 3 and 1/2 hours from me to Stirling....:umm?:
Joanne
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 09:24 PM

Hiya - I'm from Preston too. When we went to Stirling it took 4 hours but that included roadworks, an overturned caravan (just for a change) and stopping to feed the baby. It's a very straightforward journey. Go for it!! There's not many left now so be quick!!
HeatherCornes
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 10:56 PM

How very opportune that we are able to visit Ballinton stud this weekend. I have know of Scott for many years, first met him in 1976 when he visited one of his stallions in North Wales where we were on holiday, When visiting Tomintoul trekking centre, where we really got hooked on Highlands, his long distance riders used to stop over. Truly the end of an era. So very sad.

Very best wishes

Heather
Hels

Mood: Aim for the moon , if you miss you will fall amongst the stars

[*] posted on 13-8-2005 at 02:02 PM

Very sad and I really feel for him, I would be gutted if anything happened to my three , thats his life times work which his father started. I wish him well and hope all the ponies end up with fab homes where they can be happy.
sweetpea59
Unregistered

[*] posted on 13-8-2005 at 05:48 PM

That is sad,it was his Frosty that set me on the trail really,saw him at the Stafford show ground the day before he went to Belgium. Seems such a shame that he will be unable to carry on his work & it will indeed be a sad loss.

Go To Top