Author: Subject: Who are we all???
Midge
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 15-9-2018 at 10:00 AM

Such a pity as I love this forum :sob:
getagrip
Super Freak

[*] posted on 15-9-2018 at 03:54 PM

Me too :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: Hardly anyone posts on here now - hate to see it dwindling away and facebook is NOT the same :sob:

vakizz

[*] posted on 15-9-2018 at 04:18 PM

I don't know what is happening with the website but Rebecca had a crunch this Summer too and is probably busy recuperating. I much prefer to keep my info private and do like this site. In fact I belong to a few corgi sites, most are ok, but some there are some very unpleasant comments but also I responded to a post and asked who the pup was. The reply said I could follow their blog on Twitter. I went back and said I don't do Twitter and they said well you do facebook. So I had to explain that I dipped in and out of facebook, didn't actually do much on my homesite, but posted in separate groups if I wanted to. Also that I chose not to use any further social media. But I'm aware that most people are on instagram etc, plus lots of other bits and pieces and want to just upload photos instantly and keep in touch where its all linked together. What I get frustrated about is that on one corgi group,none of the posts are pinned and every few days you get people asking the same questions, re feeding, etc. We just have to keep posting I guess.:umm?:
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 16-9-2018 at 06:20 AM

It is sad that the forum is withering away. If only photos were easier to post I think folks would be more active. The HPEC FB page doesn't seem very active either so maybe there are fewer folks with Highlands now? Several members would had Highlands have moved on to other types of horse.

FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-9-2018 at 07:27 AM

A great shame, I love my contrary highland and my instructor who has a TB nd does dressage and jumping enjoys riding Thyme. Once moving she is such good fun. Getagrip has said she will help me with TinyPics so when I have sorted out the junk at home will post my holiday pics.

On the way home at Achfary (top of Loch Shin) I saw two highlands (Thyme lookalikes) tied up to a building on the roadside with deer saddles on and a man in full kit. Nice to see them still being used even though I don't like hunting but with no natural predators to keep the numbers stable. They have a much better life than factory farming. Wish we had stopped and asked if I could have a photo
Jenni
Super Freak

[*] posted on 16-9-2018 at 03:45 PM

It is a real shame that posts seem to be dwindling. I am guilty of not posting very much, but as my ponies are just expensive field ornaments there is rarely anything to report. I do enjoy reading about others' experiences though so please keep posting those of you who are riding your Highlands. :)
jester

[*] posted on 16-9-2018 at 05:39 PM

I look forward to going to this forum every evening and enjoy reading all the posts, hope it continues.
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-9-2018 at 05:51 PM

I have often thought a lot of people go to the forum but rarely post as when someone is unfortunate enough to post about a tragedy a lot of sympathetic comments are posted
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9

Go To Top