Highland Pony Enthusiasts Club
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Remembering old friends
janandjock

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 02:54 PM

Lorraine, I'd completely forgotten about this thread and had a start when I logged in and saw it again. Your ponies looked lovely. I'm glad you are finding it easier to think about them now.

Jan

Major\'s blog address is : http://highlandhooves.blogspot.com
Moonysmum

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 02:56 PM

Jan -we met John Williamson, Jock's breeder at Grantown on Thursday and had a wee reminise about your boy.

Sandra
Posting Freak

Mood: Stressed and Tired

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 07:27 PM

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 08:00 PM

Lorraine, I am glad you felt able to share the pictures of your lovely ponies with us. I felt a lump in my throat at this thread coming up again and a worry that someone new was being added to it.
Shona

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 09:01 PM

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
GinnyF
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 09:03 PM

This is dear old Cider, we had her on loan and shared our lives with her for only 2 years before she had to be pts because she had developed wobblers, she was 28. She wobbled her way out of her stable the day after boxing day 06 and was diagnosed and treated by the vet but the upshot was that we couldn't chance taking her out at all as it may have returned or she may have gone down in the field and been unable to get up so there was no option really. She looked grand and she ate everything she wanted that morning waiting for the vet, buckets and buckets of feed, packets of polos and when I lead her out for the vet the radio was playing "grant my last request" by paolo santini (I think that's right, still can't listen to that song). Anyway, RIP Cider, you were one shrewd old girl with a trick or two up your sleeve but you looked after Elyse beautifully and we miss you still x ... One very pink pony .... (and from Cider's loss came the need for a replacement and companion to Dougal and the rest is history!)
marsha
Super Freak

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 17-8-2008 at 03:49 PM

this really is a lovely idea

Head poo picker - Talisker Stud
janandjock

[*] posted on 26-8-2008 at 11:52 AM

I've pegged this thread for a while so that new people can see all our old friends.

Jan

Major\'s blog address is : http://highlandhooves.blogspot.com
Sharonp
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 27-8-2008 at 12:23 PM

:bawling:

I really feel for you all, its 7 years now since my Anglo Arab mare Susie was put to sleep aged 27, she is never far from my thoughts and its still very emotional to think about her. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
mediumsizedjods
Unregistered

[*] posted on 30-9-2008 at 10:05 AM

Before we got Glen we had a share in a thoughbred, his name was murphy who was really gay and he was really loved by me, my mum and my little sis who was only 1 years old!!

He didnt die but, the lady who owned him, Clowdea, let us have a share!!
We aere really lucky because my mum really wanted to get me and my little sis riding!!

But, one day when we went to see him and he had gone!!
Because clowdea had sold him without telling us!!
So although i love Glen, Murphy will always be in my memeries!!
Stacey

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 02:06 PM

Ive just spotted this post and think my old friends should go on here aswell.
I lost 2 horses in 2006 in the space of 6 months, i was and probably still am heartbroken over them.
The first was benjimin. he was a amazingly marked cob cross hanovarian. Hed had a bad life passed round dealer to dealer and hunted hard through winter without being fit enough, this life had sent him crazy and the last dealer had had enough of him and was gunna send him for meat until he was rescued. I had him for 3 years, he was only 14 but was gettin tired out with atheritis and a broken vertabae in his neck among other things. at first he hated people really hated but for some reason he made you love and like him wether you did or not and he mellowed. By the end he was my best friend. He had an attack of laminitis at teh start of 2005, but being the amazing self healing benjimin he recoverd and was out again within 2 weeks, but then he had another attack, again he repaired himself untill before christmas when he just couldnt heal this attack. we now think it was the end result of cushings. He also couldnt stand to be on box rest and he used to go mad and weave down the wall to go out just on a normal day, but he started to give up and was in so much pain that we decided it would be kinder to put him out of his misery. I still miss him, and i feel like i dont know where he is, like hes lost not dead, its really odd. but i really do miss him.

Then i had Mizpah a beautiful anglo arab cross cleveland bay. Sadly only 6 months after benjimin he got cast one night and damadged his pedal bone which caused laminitis and sadly he had to be put to sleep.

both horses will always be close to me and in my heart. I have a small reminder of benji everyday in kestrel who is worryingly like him! it seems fate that kes just so happened to be on a dealers yard next to a riding school where a friends works on the day that mizpah was put down. Just becuase he would go in the trailer back home when he came to be valued, wasnnt even there for sale until i saw him!

[Edited on 10-10-2008 by Stacey]

mirandaandhector
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 06:14 PM

:bighug:

ChloeandMilly
Posting Freak

Mood: :inlove: Milly, Morgan :inlove:

[*] posted on 20-10-2008 at 12:36 PM

islander has already put on pics of my 2 beautiful mares that i used to have, and share with everyone else because they were safe to ride ( well misty was)! they were the best and tears still come to my eyes when i think of them
Lysander
Super Freak

Mood: icy toes

[*] posted on 4-11-2008 at 08:00 PM

six years ago my mare Lorna of Birchwood wasPTS she had cushings and then went lame the vet said all four of her suspensory ligaments had gone she couldn't walk and it was the worst decision I had to make
I'd had her 18yrs and I did everything with her she was a star a challenging ride on a good day she kept you on your toes and she was also a brillant brood mare and produced four excellant youngsters two who went on to HOYS she taught me so much I owe her everything and I will never forget her it was a privilege to have had her
just come across this again and it brought a lump to my throat she was how I got into highlands and she changed my life for ever

[Edited on 3-9-2009 by Lysander]
Jonatan
Unregistered

[*] posted on 13-12-2008 at 06:14 PM

It is 7 years now since my mumīs horse passed away I still miss him.. :bighug::bighug::bighug: RIP to all ponies and horses.

[Edited on 13-12-2008 by Jonatan]
Hels

Mood: Aim for the moon , if you miss you will fall amongst the stars

[*] posted on 24-12-2008 at 10:52 AM

Yasmin of Whitefield

Yasmin was owned by the Balleroy Stud and was a foundation mare.

Mother to Yoyo, Yasmina, Yana, Monty, Minstral

Foster mum to two race horse foals, both who lost their mums at birth.

Died with her family around her. A true gentle, sweet pony who gave hours of pleasure and some super ponies. She will be sadly missed.

Balleroy Mercury,Sea Pearl of Conway, Lord Mars of Warren and Lochlands Moonshadow.
ChrisP

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 24-12-2008 at 05:15 PM

RIP Smokey - He was PTS 1 year ago today Christmas Eve 2007 after hurting one of his 3 good legs in the field.

He is missed.
Gem

[*] posted on 6-6-2009 at 08:32 PM

A sad goodbye to Tilly. At the grand age of 32 she was PTS yesterday. I started riding again as an adult 3 1/2 years ago on Tilly. She was such an amazing horse. It wouldn't be possible to count the number of people who have learnt to ride on her from tiny children to nervous adults. She was a cheeky old crow though, if she realised you knew what you were doing she'd be off like a rocket at the first sign of a canter. Tilly was such a lady - she never pooed in public and would wait for you in the morning to wee in bucket rather than mess up her stable. We'll miss you old girl. Hudson will miss his cross country pairs buddy too. Hope you're galloping around the big cross country course in the sky with your best friend, Princess :angel:

Tilly winning the veterans class at MKEC just last summer

Highlandtango
Super Moderator

Mood: Is wishing the weekend was longer!!:)

[*] posted on 22-6-2009 at 10:19 PM

Sad to hear you have lost her so recently. I hope you are starting to heal. It takes a long time but your heart becomes bigger as they lodge themselves permanently there.

Spitchwick

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 23-6-2009 at 04:11 PM

I'm so glad that this thread is now pegged a sad one but worth returning to, to remember beloved horses and ponies. :hug2:

Baily
Posting Freak

Mood: Retired!

[*] posted on 24-6-2009 at 02:09 PM

Farewell to Flair of Stowford, who was pts last Monday at the age of 27, my thoughts with Jan Goddard and her sister Judy who gave her such a super home right up to the end. Jan told me she took her out for a walk round the village and back across the field the day before in the sun shine.

So much part of my life from the day she was born and for Spitchwick and I another link with our dear old Phoebe no longer with us, so she is with her mum and sister Faray, my grey girls.

For me a last link with my late friend Pat Pierce who owned Nashend Oyster, we used to have such fun with Flair and Oy. Flair was never a great one for other equine company especially not big horses, but at riding club and shows she always stuck to Oy like glue as he was her 'ideal man'!

RIP Flair of Stowford 1982 - 2009
L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 04:06 PM

Here are a few photos of Lily of Langley. She died a year ago this week aged only 9. The top photo is of us out riding on Christmas Day 2007. It was one of my childhood ambitions to go riding on my own pony on Christmas Day & I finally achieved it aged 50!I still cry when I think about her, she was such a darling. She was a surviving twin & only had short legs but a huge heart. She did pleasure rides & got her 100km cumulative rosette in 2007 plus 154 hours Happy Hacker that year. She & I would go out for hours alone across our moors & she was totally trustworthy. I had hoped to breed from her but she did not get pregnant & then a month later she developed acute renal failure & had to be euthanased. Her genes live on as my foal Connie's sire is Lily's full brother.
RIP Lily, you will never be forgotten.

[Edited on 2-9-2009 by L-J]

[Edited on 2-9-2009 by L-J]
islander
Super Hero

Mood: optimistic!

[*] posted on 2-9-2009 at 03:18 PM

:hug:aww LJ what a shame,especially so young.:hug:
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 3-9-2009 at 01:37 PM

So sad to see your lovely girl and realise it is only a year. :bighug:
Moonysmum

[*] posted on 7-8-2010 at 07:53 AM

The wonderful Moonshine passed over to Rainbow Bridge one year ago today (7.8.9) aged 43. Simply a pony in a million still deeply missed.

and a couple of videos showing what she loved best!

She loved to dance!

Bless you Moo - you gave me the best training in how to look after a Hipo mare! Love you always x
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top