Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Who are we all - update
Jenny
Posting Freak

Mood: upbeat

[*] posted on 30-9-2008 at 04:08 PM

Hi. I'm Jenny and have owned Hobcroft Elderberry for 4 years. He is 14h and grey dun but is white:eeek: He has had a lot of problems, i.e.laminitis and bone spavins. Also breathing problems but, fingers crossed, things seem ok at moment. He is only used for hacking and is quiet but with replacement hip and bad bones is just what I need. I also have a 15h retired pacer, totally different kettle of fish!! Also have a cat which adopted us 6 months ago after spending the winter being miserable in the field. No one claimed her so she has feet under the duevet and where ever she wants. I live in North Wales :welovehipos:
lorraine
Super Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2008 at 10:49 AM

Im Lorraine, I live in East Grinstead with hubby Stuart, I have 4 ponies. Mum has shares :heh hee: in two of them. We own Sandy (Athlone Mervyn) who is a dun Connie who is a fabulous allround good guy who tries his heart out with everything, The first highland to come into our lives is Nita (Lyncrests Mya Nita) Who we adore which lead us to get our second highland George (Fleetmead Eorsa) this is a truely addictive breed, Im hoping George when he's older will step into Sandy's shoes & be an allrounder to have fun with, Our 4th pony is Sweetie ive had her for a number of years now she came into my life when I had to reschool her for a local riding school and fell head over heels for her, unfortunatly shes not fond of children and got expelled from the riding school and I got first refusal, she's been in many homes before she came to live here but I think her bad behaviour when being ridden & Her sweet itch put many people off, She's an older lady now & enjoys her retirement and her role as nanny to the others having spent the last few years with me going to partys & having fun with her ridden work:dizzy: she also used to LOVE jumping, I however was never quite as keen as her :heh hee::dizzy: We also have 3 cats Noddy, Mookiee & Beebo, Topper our JRT & Chucky the Guinea pig.
Partbred
Unregistered

[*] posted on 14-10-2008 at 10:12 PM

Hi

I'm BrendaI have a P/B highland, Fleetmead Feargus that I share with my sister Carol.He is 8 yrs old. I have had him since he was 3 and half. Before Feargus I had a Highland Little Westlands Storm who I lost at the age of 5. As Feargus is kept with Deirdre I get to spend my weekends with all her highlands as well of which there are too many to mention. Feargus finds showing a bore but says he would like to show jump or working hunter.
Lysander
Super Freak

Mood: icy toes

[*] posted on 26-10-2008 at 07:40 PM

hi I'm margaret and I live in carmarthenshire and I've bred a few ponies from my mares over the last few years, the Dinefwr ponies ,Lysander,Phebe and Lucy some of you might have seen,and Flora who is with Kate (welshflora) after stopping breeding in2000 my mare nashend sparrow went to ann at the rignell stud till Ann had her accident then I had Sparrow back in foal and now have a cracking filly Ffion
It started the bug again so watch out for some more dinefwr ponies in the future
I also have a very special honorary hipo Jack my welsh cob X who's grown up and old with hipos plus a mad labX and a even madder spaniel and not forgetting Posy auntie to all (my handicapped hipo):wavey::wavey:

[Edited on 8-11-2008 by Lysander]
mediumsizedjods
Unregistered

[*] posted on 21-12-2008 at 01:44 PM

Okay....

I am Emily, and i share my highland pony with my mum,sister and my antie.
My Highland is called Glen and is Orange....and.....HAIRY!!
:):hug2:BUT....i WILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM!!:hug2::)

:welovehipos:
Joeys23
Advanced Member

Mood: Feeling Positive...I think!

[*] posted on 21-12-2008 at 09:11 PM

Hi,
I'm Joan from just outside Hornsea in East Yorkshire. I have one HiPo, Honey, Lambrigg Honey Meg, 14.1, 12 years old, yellow dun...truly scrumptious and practically perfect in every way! I don't get to ride as often as I would like, but every minute with Honey is fantastic!

My OH and I share a 15.2 coloured Irish Cob mare called Gypsy on a good day...and a few choice names on other days! She can be a bit of a handful! We also own a 26-year old part Arab mare called Mystery, who we re-homed two years ago when her previous owner couldn't keep her. She is totally mad, but lovely with it. I take her for walks (or she takes me!), and ride her very gently occasionally.

We also own two dogs, Jack, a black Labrador and Grace (DIS-Grace!), a Golden Retriever.

I'm a carer for my lovely Mum, who lives with us and is in very poor health, needing round-the-clock care. Mum will be 89 next week...and every day is so precious!

This Forum is a real 'escape' for me for a few minutes when I get the chance...I love to read about all the wonderful escapades you get up to! :thumbs:

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 29-11-2009 at 04:37 PM

This thread must have passed me by when I first joined the board so thanks to janandjock for suggesting we update our details.
I am L-J (known by my initials in the family), now past 50yo but still doing as much Happy Hacking & the pleasure/training rides as the weather permits. I have an OH who rides & is a member of HPEC. Between us we have 7 HiPos at home & one still at the breeder. They are Douglas of Combebank,(OH first pony) 19yo, Silver Fox Malin II, 13yo & bred 2 super foals for us, Cameron of Allendale, 10yo who enjoys dressage & jumping so I have be reliving my youth! Ladarna of Langley,(OH current pony) 7yo, Miriam of Combebank, 6yo, my mare who has recovered from Grass Sickness & is in the early stages of her education, Angus of Ansgiobal,2yo & our first foal(OH & he bonded so is OH upcoming pony), & finally Constance of Ansgiobal 6mo. Still with her breeder is Myrtle of Combebank, 3yo & hopefully learning trailer loading next week! She is to be my next brood mare, Oh says Darna is not a brood mare & who am I to argue?
We also have 4 dogs- Wavell 12yo Golden Retriever, Tess 9yo diabetic Choccie Lab, Jaldi 4yo Whippet & Rani 1yo SBT plus 3 geriatric cats- Tomek, Aysgarth & Gerhard, 56 Hebridean sheep & 14 chickens.
I am semi retired & the above are my reward for hard work in the past!
she2dd5

[*] posted on 29-11-2009 at 06:32 PM

Sharon here, I have 1 and 1/2 ponies. Hipo Nora of Rescobie and half share in welshX Pepper. I hope to do a little bit of everything with Nora including sidesaddle eventually. Ponies live out on rented grazing shared with a friend who has four, two of which are Hipos.
On the dog front, Jack russell X border terrier Douglas, and at the moment my sister's Large Munsterlander Tilly (known as silly Tilly) Should have a cat Osric, but he's moved in next door. Working and training part-time to be a physiotherapist. Hit 50 this year (before it hit back!)
Barnfields

[*] posted on 31-8-2010 at 07:56 PM

Hi, my name is Bev, I live in South Yorkshire, and I have six highland ponies of my own, one on breeding loan and one on livery, I have three mares scanned infoal for next year too, Barnfields is my prefix,
Mandy 2

Mood: thinking positive!

[*] posted on 13-1-2011 at 03:01 PM

hi im mandy ,i have 1 highland gelding tigh-glas fingal who i bought from tigwil 22 years ago he is my 1st highland ,we mainly do hacking now but he was shown when he was younger and we did quite well! being a bay he was quite frequently judged on being nf or fell. i drive for argos which means early starts but i get the afternoons to play,also have 2 basset hounds both from rescue a few chickens and 3 cats .hoping to get a filly this year to join fingal and do some more showing with , i have 2 grown up children vinny and samantha and a oh who 'dont do horses' samantha has just had my 1st grand daughter
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 14-1-2011 at 06:33 PM

Nice to hear from you Mandy 2 - I have a thing for bay highlands - my Humphrey's dam was tigh-glas reddean. Will we see some pictures from you soon? I hope so.
mandylucyfee
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 06:08 PM

Hi im mandy i am the proad owner of one highland,one fell,one exmoor ,one newforest and guardian to my partners TBX and my parents exmoor pony stud. As you can See im passionate about my native ponies.and and have been around them all my life and have Trieste my hand at many activities with my ponies from driving to a go at ridding the tb side saddle .
Rebecca
Administrator

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 06:44 PM

Hello mandy - you are very lucky to have so many natives in your life. Who is your highland?

mandylucyfee
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 09:41 PM

My beautiful girl is dunedin feolin. :clap:
Rebecca
Administrator

[*] posted on 9-5-2012 at 09:08 AM

She will be beautiful :clap:

nedwins
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 17-1-2016 at 08:22 AM

Hello I'm Nikki and I'm new to hpec. I have a 14'2 highland Hobcroft Larkspur she is my first highland pony so I'm new to the breed but I'm absolutely loving her and her super calm, sensible approach to life. Not a bad bone in her body and so loving. I've only had her for a year so don't know much about her past except that she was driven and did a stint in a posh riding school. Does anybody have a hobcroft pony that might be related to her and can fill in some of my knowledge gaps?! :)
vakizz

[*] posted on 17-1-2016 at 09:25 AM

:hi: hope you enjoy the forum and tell us lots about your pony.:clap:
Jenni
Super Freak

[*] posted on 17-1-2016 at 05:03 PM

Hello Nikki and :hi:
Rachel W
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 17-1-2016 at 09:19 PM

Hello and :hi:
FoxyThyme
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-1-2016 at 12:36 AM

Welcome Nikki
Rebecca
Administrator

[*] posted on 19-1-2016 at 08:31 AM

Welcome Nikki - we have had a few Hobcroft ponies in the club over the years but I am not sure we have any at the moment beside yourself. If you search with the term Hobcroft you will find a recors, including photos. I know one pony was sadly pts whilst his owner was a member and I think Cloughwood had links to the Hobcroft stud.

L-J
Super Hero

[*] posted on 19-1-2016 at 12:35 PM

:hi:

Tilly
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 17-1-2017 at 08:12 PM

Hi, I'm Caz and I have an unregistered Highland pony grey mare and a registered New Forest pony bay mare. They're both 14.2hh. I've been involved with horses in some capacity or other for the last 20 yrs and live in North-East Scotland. I forgot to add, I have 2 German Shepherds - Sam and Tia.

I tried looking into Tilly's history but came up blank as her breeder had died not long before I started researching. She is 15 this year and known as hooligan on every yard we have set foot on. My best friends husband is determined to stay on her good side as she's going for world domination. She's a very confident little pony and will try her heart out for you although she also has many tricks up her hoof.
I had her on loan for a year as a 4 yr old and then bought her. We've done a bit of everything from Trec, show jumping, cross country, dressage and pleasure rides although we only hack now.

Fidley is 10 years old but although I've had her since a 3 year old, she was only backed at 7 and then turned away. I'm now having lessons on her so we're getting there slowly. Her mental maturity and my health have held us back.

I look forward to conversing with you all x

[Edited on 17-1-2017 by Tilly]
Mags
Super Freak

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 17-1-2017 at 08:26 PM

Hi can. Your mare sounds like quite a character. Just what highlands are like. :)
Tilly
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 17-1-2017 at 08:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mags  
Hi can. Your mare sounds like quite a character. Just what highlands are like. :)

She is that. Keeps me on my toes for sure but what fun we have. When I was competing I was always getting compliments about how much fun she looked but then one of the young girls lost confidence and took Tilly in the ring and they were constantly in ribbons that season. Girl had a blast.
Tilly is my one in a million pony.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top