Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Who are we all - update
Marit
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 14-10-2007 at 07:44 AM

I'm Mrit and I have Manoah's Malwa - a mouse dun yearling I got from Poland earlier this year. We also have Tarzan (haflinger), Hedvig (morganx) and Silver (new forest on loan for a year).
I also have an OH, and four children, of whom the two daughters ride. Oldest son is not into horses at all, but have high hopes for youngest son.... (only 6 months old).
Not to forget the two dogs (border collie x and springer spaniel), two cats, three rabbits and one rat.
Oh, and we all live in Sweden, just outside Uppsala!

Marit
Highlander
Super Freak

Mood: Croila Chieftain

[*] posted on 14-10-2007 at 10:16 AM

Hi, I am Ruaridh Ormiston and I am married to Joyce who has two children. We live on a traditional croft on the West Coast of Scotland on a beach at Arisaig. We keep Highland and Luing Cattle and have a small Highland Pony Stud and breed under our two stud names - Creag Dhubh and Caimbe.
Our family is well known in HiPo circles for well over a 100 years and my dad has the Croila Stud at Newtonmore. I have two brothers also keen on the breed and my brother Dochy's wife Sylvia now looks after the Queen's HiPo stud at Balmoral, a job my wife did about 16 years ago.
I work in the oil industry as an engineer which involves a lot of travel, my other hobbies when I have time include, carriage driving, boats, motorbikes, shooting etc.
We also have a caravansite and Hoilday Houses and welcome especially fellow HiPo enthusiasts to visit us.

[Edited on 14-10-2007 by Highlander]

mulliz
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 14-10-2007 at 11:43 AM

Hi my name is Liz, and I own 3 yr old Erray Damson and 6 yr old Erray Larkspur who are full bother and sister, Knock Islay a lovely little highland mare and Caspian a 15.2hh Highland x arab, also Rosie a fell x. I run a pony trekking centre so also loan 5 other highlands, 2 fells, a cob and a welsh A.
I also work in my spare time (not that I have much) at Erray farm where Anne Elwis breeds Highland and Shetland ponies. I do all the handling of the foals and also do the website so I am always taking lots of pictures.
I live in Tobermory on the Isle of Mull with my OH who has a small croft and keeps a few beef cattle.

Erray Damson, *** Clansman of Tobermory, ****** Bella, ****** Erray Larkspur, ***** Caspian
http://www.erray.co.uk http://www.mullponytrekking.co.uk
Myrtle
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 14-10-2007 at 05:03 PM

Hello, I'm Mariecia and my gorgeous HiPo is Murdo of Dykes. We also have Cody (Section D) and Dougal (Shetland). I was born and bred in Perthshire but moved to West Wales 14 years ago, where I live with OH, our little boy (aged 6) and a springer spaniel.

Jeanette
Administrator

[*] posted on 14-10-2007 at 05:34 PM

I'm Jeanette. I'm a learner hipo driver so I'm always asking loads of questions....especially on the riding and training subforum...(hopefully others who might be shy of asking benefit from the questions as well as just me!).

I was dithering on the edge of hipo ownership when I went to meet Julie and rode Squirrel. She gave me the courage to go ahead and buy Nell of Altnacailleach an unseen and out of work mare....my friends all thought I was mad.....but Julie was right to nudge me...I've no regrets at all.

By the by ...I happen to have high frequency deafness (including part of the speech frequencies) ........so this forum is a godsend to me.
cassie-beardie
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-12-2007 at 11:31 PM

Hi, I'm Julie and live in Yorkshire. I've been owned by Syd (Camusericht Royal Surprise) for 4 yrs now. Syd is a14.1hh cream dun gelding and is my first horse - originally bought as a mother/daughter share but I now get him nearly full time as my daughter is at Uni in Newcastle (not planned at all :whistle:). I now can't imagine how I lived without him! I also have a Bearded Collie called Cassie, & an 18yr old cat called Derek who rules the place. I'm also one of the more mature members of the Board and am a happy hacker (much to Syd's approval as he isn't very keen on schoolwork) although he does have to do some on occasion - usually when my daughter is home.

Nik and Mary

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 2-12-2007 at 11:38 PM

Hello, I am Nik and I have 2 ponies Endrig Highland Mary (who is hopefully in foal) and a wee shetland Pippin. My mum has Erne O'Parrock Pride.
We live in Argyll near Oban (and Wilma) and I also have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 fish, 11 guinea pigs, 5 chinchilla's, 4 kids and one hubby (and a mum and dad who lives with us, or do we live with them????) :dizzy:

welshflora
Super Freak

Mood: positive

[*] posted on 3-12-2007 at 10:45 AM

I'm Kate.
As a child I shared ponies, but since then I'd had at least a 20 year break from riding, so was extremely rusty when I returned to it (after moving from Essex to Wales in 2001). I came into Highland ownership by accident when I was looking for a safe and steady horse. I have certainly found that in Flora, but she has a lot of Highland character attached and it has been a steep learning curve for me, but I've loved every moment.

My pony is Flora of Dinefwr. She is something of a 'reject' Highland despite her wonderful breeding - she has white markings in great abundance, in fact I have been asked more than once if she is part Appaloosa. I love her speckled colouring though, and will be sad if or when she eventually greys out.

I live on the edge of the Black Mountain in South Wales with OH and 3 children, also Fizz, my daughter's pony, and Megan our rescued Section A, who is patiently waiting for my baby to grow big enough to ride her. We have 3 dogs, an aged guinea pig, and a small flock of hens and cockerels.
chris
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 11:57 AM

Hi i'm Chris, i live in northumberland and we have five HiPo's Whitehope Morag, Lambrigg Blackjack, Burnside Erin, Tower Osprey and this year we had a colt foal from Erin, named Dewlwy Standfast!

We do quite a bit with our ponies and have lots of fun along the way, life wouldn't be the same without them!

Hopefully we will breed a few more HiPo foals in the future!

Cressida
Posting Freak

Mood: so much to do, so little time.

[*] posted on 12-1-2008 at 11:46 PM

Only just realised that this is a diferent post!!

I'm Michelle, from Kilnsey in North Yorkshire (it's near Skipton).

I've got Stocks Ruaraidh who is a 7 yo dark bay gelding and is a cheeky boy, and also Whitefield Queen Guinevere (Corrie) who is on loan to someone from the other board.

I've also got a TB mare - Agatha who is 15 yo now, by Primitive Rising, who I hunt and do local shows on, and a foal out of her, called Conditional Sentence (Tabitha) and a coloured cob mare called Christa who was my first horse about ten years ago.

I work at a riding centre which also does trekking and look after hunters too.

http://www.kilnseyriding.com

for riding in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
carolw

[*] posted on 13-1-2008 at 11:44 AM

I'm Carol and new to this forum. I have owned Uist of Torlundy for nearly 2 years, he's nearly 9, 14 2, cream Dun. I also have 1 spaniel, 1 lakeland cross, 1 very fat cat and 2 children.
Uist lives about 2 miles along the road at DIY livery with 4 other horses (3 owners)We are very lucky in that we have a lovely traditional stable block, 3 fields and a huge natural wood that we alternate our horses in (only problem is too much grass in summer) nobody bothers us and we do our own thing.
I work for the NHS in the Out of Hours service and was very hard working and ambitious until I got Uist now I can't get out of work quick enough!!

erminstrudel
Super Freak

Mood: Brrrrr!

[*] posted on 13-1-2008 at 08:32 PM

Hi - I'm Kirsty. I live in Lincoln with my 2 kids, my mum, our dog - Monty, the tortoise - Plod-Plod & a hamster.

I bought Iona, a 13.2 cream dun 7yo HiPo mare, just before Christmas. She's kept at a great livery yard that's just a bit too far away but worth it for the people & facilities. I'm planning to do as many different things as possible with Iona & work particularly towards M&M WH and Trec.
Have become a total forum addict since getting her - which is great in many ways including reducing my eBay spending :D

I work as a 1:1 teaching assistant in a primary school with a child with learning & medical needs - Iona is my therapy at the end of a tough day!

Am hoping one day that Iona will be my foundation mare for the stud that I will have (when I've won the lottery!)

KarenP
Super Freak

[*] posted on 18-1-2008 at 11:36 AM

Hi I'm Karen.
I now have 2 Hipos, Bay Rum of Dykes(25) who we had on loan for 6 months 7 years ago for my son. He lost interest, the owner couldn't have him back and I kept him for me - he is fantastic and I fell in love with the breed. I bought Finola of Dykes (6) just before Christmas and she arrived with me just over a week ago. Both ponies are kept at DIY livery just around the corner which is ideal - it also has an indoor school.

I live on the Leicestershire/Rutland border with my husband, 4 sons,3 border collies and 1 cat.

I am the only horsey one in the family although 2 of my sons can ride and do so occasionally - so this board is great as it is nice to have contact with like minded people (even my horsey friends can't see the appeal of highlands!)
joanee
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 31-3-2008 at 09:18 PM

Hello, I'm Joan from Aberystwyth, Wales - originating from Aberdeen, Scotland. I own Quern of Craignetherty (Fern to his friends). I've had him since he was a yearling, and he is now a fourteen year-old gelding. We're happy hackers!!!!
mandm
Posting Freak

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-4-2008 at 09:28 AM

Hello, I'm Maureen I live in Argyll. I own Truffles who's 3/4 highland and Drum who's all highland. I in turn am owned by my OH, three children two boys and a girl and two labradors. We also have rabbits and chickens and one sheep!

[Edited on 4-4-2008 by mandm]
Stina
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-4-2008 at 08:36 PM

Im Stina and I live in Sweden. No kids so far since Im only 12 years old... :P
I have got two ponys. Not highlandponys. They are Welshponys. We have got other horses to + a lots of other kind of animals...
Jenny
Posting Freak

Mood: upbeat

[*] posted on 6-4-2008 at 09:24 AM

Hi. I'm fairly new to the group. I have a Highland aged 12 - grey dun but he is nearly! His dad is: Ian Dhu of Croila and his mum is: Doris of Croila. I have had him for 3 years now and he is very quiet and well behaved. I have a replacement hip so I need something steady. He is 14h. Unfortunately he has had metabolic syndrome and bronchitis 2 years ago and is just recovering from bone spavins in both back legs. He is also prone to laminitis which he had before. I also own a 15h 23yr old pacer - what a difference between the two!

I used to do long distance with the pacer.:wavey:
Marita
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 03:10 PM

Just discovered that this was a new topic:doh:
Im Marita, mother to Stina who fourtunatlely dont have any kids yet. Stina also have a twin brother Jonatan.
My oh has an older daughter so I know have three grandchildren as a bonus.

Hipowise there is Wisnia of Manoah. my foundationmare. Shell hopefully have her first foal this summer. Shes not properly backed as she is only four, but we do ride her sometimes, just some light hacking. I also got Soffan, Sophronitis van de Capellenbergh ( not sure how to spell it if I dont look in the passport:umm?: ). Hes a two year old colt and If I get my self together I will apply to have him licenced.

Part from two welshies, a shettie and a newly arrived trottinghorse we got Freddie the donkie, some cats, hen and rabbits.
To pay for all this I have to work as a schoolnurse;)
And by the way we live in Sweden.
MArita
Jenny
Posting Freak

Mood: upbeat

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 09:53 PM

Hi. I'm Jenny and live in Flintshire, Noth Wales. Have husband who is very tied up with orienteering and golf so doesn't mind the horses. Son in Florence - good fo hols and daughter & 2 grand kids live nearby. One has a pony and daughter is a BSHAI. I have a 23 year pacer and as have replacement hip etc a 13 yr Highland called Hobcroft Elderberry. he is very quiet and well behaved.
hollyp
Advanced Member

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 06:56 PM

Im holly iv got a 6 year old highland gelding iv got 3 welsh sec C's and a welsh d colt yearling and a 2 yr old piebald cob and a old hunter mare.

OH YES MOMO SNORES LIKE A HUMAN I AM NOW STARTING TO THINK THAT HE COULD BE HALF HUMAN
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Christa
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 11:44 AM

Hi, I'm Lianne and I own Aurora of Dykes. I bought her just before Christmas. I live in Stockton-on-Tees and work as a medical secretary for an eye surgeon through the week and at a trekking centre/riding school on weekends as payment for Aurora's livery through the week.

I like showing and just general hacking about and having fun.

/media/imagejpg1-2.jpg.html URL]
Razz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-6-2008 at 08:53 AM

Hello, my name is Abi and I live in the New Forest. I have one 3yo Highland gelding called Razz - Balleroy Razzmatazz, but shall be taking delivery of another Balleroy pony at the end of the year. :clap:

I also have Sophie who is 21 years young, we used to do affiliated dressage but now compete in veteran showing classes and hope to make it to Olympia this year.

My Mum and I also have a New Forest pony each they are both 2yo, mine is a filly called Maggie - Backly Bright Spark and my Mum's is a gelding called Flash - Backly Flash. So lots of ponies to play with!

I hope one day to breed Highlands on a very small scale..............................
CopperLady
Unregistered

[*] posted on 23-7-2008 at 04:32 PM

Hi
I am Marjie and I live between Inverness and Nairn. I have 4 ponies. Vito is a shetland and he had a severe shoulder injury 6 years ago, so he is very lame but manages to hobble. Copper is a WelshxArab and at approximatley 30 years old is now retired. She is chestnut and still very beautiful. MUrphy is a Welsh section A and is ridden by my granddaughter. He can sometimes be very naughty and then sometimes very good. My newest horse is an Irish Cob called Paddy. He is blackwith a very long mane and is just gorgeous. we are still getting to know each other but so far he has been ok but I am still waiting for him to do something bad

Garnet
Super Freak

[*] posted on 3-9-2008 at 07:40 AM

Hi im Jane.Heidi and i live in Suffolk and have Garnet of Dykes(21) yellow dun,Oliverdene(12)grey dun and Heidis first pony,welsh sec A Bobby(22).

mediumsizedjods
Unregistered

[*] posted on 30-9-2008 at 08:45 AM

hi!!
i am emily and i am 11 years old!
i have a highland gelding called glen who is really cheeky and naughty!
i love ponies!
i live with my mum dad and little sis!!
we have so many pets i dont think i could count them all!!
well....
we have Maysie our english springer spaniel, 3 cats, Kipper, Pilchard and scampie, my dad has a tank full of fish, my little sis has a little tank with 5 fish and Glen the Highland pony!!
Also Glen is very fat so we call him the hairy buiscuit!!:fat:
Glens sire is Whitefield Zircon and his Dame is Elsie of Craignetherty!!
Glens full name is Glenaan Ne Dailach!!
:bighug:
:welovehipos:
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top