Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Who are we all - update
janandjock

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 06:44 PM
Who are we all - update

Just been onto the original thread and have noticed that much of our details are probably way out of date. Might be a good idea to update this information and a good time for those who have yet to post to add their words to the blog!

I was owned by Jock of Cradlehall - grey Highland. Sadly, he died in Nov 2004. Since July 2006 I have had Bowmore Major Islay Mist who is gradually filling up the big hole that Jock left.

Two daughters (one is an Equine Vet - very useful, the other is at Uni)

I don't do dressage, jumping, eventing, endurance and all the other 'competitive' things that go with horses. I'm just a happy hacker and wouldn't have it any other way. Major and I are very well matched - very laid back!! :)

[Edited on 14-6-2012 by janandjock]

Jan

Major\'s blog address is : http://highlandhooves.blogspot.com
talisker_highland_ponies
Super Freak

Mood: Just when I think I am about to make ends meet. Someone moves the ends.

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 06:46 PM

Im Talisker, i have a small stud in Cambridgeshire with 2 soppy stallions. :wavey:

Spitchwick

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 06:49 PM

I'm Cathy, with three highlands, one of which is on loan. Just had a new foal, and I'm over the moon.:thumbs:

Just thought I'd ad a bit more info, I own Nashend Sea Amethyst, who has just had her third foal, Spichwick Sea Sapphire, and Spitchwick Sea Emerald, who is on loan to emerald (aka Sue). I live in a beautiful part of Devon, and keep the ponies on Dartmoor.

[Edited on 13-10-2007 by Spitchwick]

Moonysmum

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:19 PM

I'm Clare and "mum" to Moonshine (now rightly famous through the Board -aka Glenshiel Daisy, 41 years old and once owned by Frillyghillie), Ishbel Rest and be Thankful (half sister of Margie's Ruairidh) and honorary Hipo Court Jester, a 24 year old Welsh Cob. I live in the Scottish Highlands and work at the same school as Janandjock.

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by Moonysmum]

Jackie
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:26 PM

Hi I am Jackie, I have three highlands and a welsh cob.

My highlands are Brungrange Douglas, Craiglaw Tiree and Nashend Harris Hawk.

The cob is Naudd Parc Tywysog.

[Edited on 29-11-2009 by Jackie]
hilary
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:58 PM

I'm Hilary and I have 16 yr old Burlain Bobby Dazzler aka Bonny, my little superstar.

OH Bryn rides JayJay our 19 yr old home bred cob/anglo.

Not forgetting 24 yr old Valentine our 'foster' NF pony.

wilma
Posting Freak

Mood: busy, busy, busy!

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 08:04 PM

I'm Wilma, and live in Argyll,
as well as a husband, and 3 children (and another on the way!) we have 4 ponies
Maydew of Armoury who is currently in foal,
Erray azalea, and 2 welshies crosses -
Inverlonan Molly and her 3 yo daughter Inverlonan Breagha

All feature in my pics below :wavey:

Wilma

Maydew of Armoury ~ Inverlonan Molly ~ Erray Azalea ~ Inverlonan Breagha ~
http://www.cameronsfarms.co.uk
uileam
Posting Freak

Mood: Unstable! :dizzy:

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 08:13 PM

Ok, I'll add to it! I'm Mags and stay in South Lanarkshire. I have 2 lovely HiPos, Uileam of Shielhill (Billy) 17yo grey gelding, and Edindurno McGregor (Mac) 5yo grey dun gelding. And they're both :inlove:

I also have an OH, 3 lovely cats and... sort of... 2 donkeys I've taken on... sort of... long story but they're fab and lots of fun!

Kingsmoor

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 08:37 PM

Hi - my name is Nina and I used to have Kingsmoor Stud in Somerset - after a gap of thirteen years my daughter Becky and I have bred from our mares so I now have four ponies - Kingsmoor Fraser, Salcroft Raithneach aka Fern , Lochlands Handel aka Robbie and Kingsmoor Freya. Fraser and Fern are both out of my foundation mare Flair of Knocknagael and Freya is Fern's daughter by Rashma of Warren. Fraser is the nearest of the pairs on the top of the home page and Fern is the mare with her quarters slightly towards you on the "Link" bit of the home page.

Becky has Kingsmoor Shona and her foal Kingsmoor Skye also by Rashma. Becky bred Shona out of Seil of Carrick by our stallion Jura of Whitefield who was also Fraser's sire.

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by Kingsmoor]

farmerparki
Super Freak

Mood: loving my new girlie!!

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 09:20 PM

Hi I'm Lynne, I have 1 HiPo Charlie (Oak Croft Kyleakin) and a little section b mare Missy (Skellorn Miss Muffett) on loan for my children. I have 2 kids, Heli and Oli, both keen on riding, 1 OH, 2 sad mad halitosis hounds (bassets), a rambling farmhouse under constant renovation and a permanent overdraft!!:whistle:

Margie
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 10:26 PM

:wavey:Hello Folks. Im Margie. Iv got 1. Highland Gelding. Rest and Be Thankfull Rhuaridh, who helps keep me Young at Heart.

I also look after my Daughters Horse(Irish Draft.)
Storm. (who has a very Long Stylish Name, but I never can remember it)

Im getting on in Years now, but still try and Hack out Daily
when Life allows it.

PS Rhuaridh is Brother of "Ishie", belonging to Mooniesmum
(The Lovely Clare.)

Julie
Super Hero

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 10:31 PM

Hi, I'm Julie. I live in Surrey and I have a hipo 5 year old called Buster (Glemuir Ambassador), my son who is 8 has a hipo called Squirrel (Kincardine Feorag) who I ride, and a little welsh cross shetland called Blossom on loan. My OH has a hipo who is huge called Quaker (Quaker of Alltnacaiileach), and my friend has a Hipo called fern (Fern of Glenmarkie) who lives with us. Also now have Carlung James who is 4 years old to break this year

[Edited on 13-1-2008 by Julie]

frillyghillie

Mood: excited about the future

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 08:04 AM

Hi Im Heather, I currently have only one of my original highlands left 'Rosehaugh Ilya 16'. I use her to demonstrate at shows and gamefairs how highlands can really work and carry the stags off the hill. I used to own Moonshine 41(now with moonysmum). I have Kingtonwick Snipe 12 who is up Glen Affric learning stalking life. Iam hoping to get another hipo just for riding in the very near future to take me hunting occassionally.
Iam obsessed with highland ponies and deer stalking.
Rebecca
Administrator

Mood: Loving my lovely ponies

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 02:10 PM

hello, I am Rebecca and have been involved with this board since it began. I am NE England area rep for the HPEC which means I get to know people and ponies in my area really well, something I really enjoy. I have Humphrey of Combebank, a very handsome and sweet natured dark bay gelding who is 15 and we are the original happy hackers! We do the odd pleasure ride and the annual show at the yard where I keep him but mostly we mosey about the Eston hillls just enjoying each other's company. Because of changes in my job which mean I can't see him every day Humphrey also helps out at the riding stables where he lives and he has a huge fan base amongst the youngsters and nervous adults who he teaches to ride and accompanies on hacks, rideouts and pony club camps. He is always remembered by people who meet him (usually for the right reasons!) and held in great affection by everyone who knows him.

After years of wondering why busy working people with one perfectly good riding pony suddenly start hankering after another one ... I have to confess that I don't know quite what happened but I now also own Humph's niece - Madelaine of Combebank, who is a 4 year old bay mare. She is living in Scotland with Mulletsmum, where she will learn how to be a grown up pony.
Val S.
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 02:34 PM

Hello, I'm Val and I own Kincardine Maccallum, he is kept company by my daughter's new forest pony East Lodge Red Maple. I've also got four cats and the other great love of my life (apart from OH of course :whistle: ) is my two whippets.
mika
Posting Freak

Mood: A degree in procrastination? I think so!

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 02:54 PM

Well I'm Scott and I'm from Perthshire.
As most of you know, I have two Highlands - Strathmore Rhum & Niamh of Whitefield.

I'm currently studying Politics at Dundee Uni.:rolleyes:

murphycatr
Advanced Member

Mood: grrr!

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 03:35 PM

I'm Jane and I live in Kilmarnock with my OH (sometimes!) I'm totally creatureless at the moment (apart from the OH! :rolleyes: ) but hope to remedy that after I get married next July. I teach English and Behaviour Support in a High School that overlooks a riding School which helps keep pony cravings under control. I've been into ponies since I was tiny and a Highland fan since I was 15. I've previously begged, borrowed, loaned, shared ponies and whilst at Uni worked in a riding school in Cambridge.
ChrisP

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 04:06 PM

I'm Chris and am one of the more mature members of this board. I have i Hipo, Howard of Forglen who I have had for 20 months now. I totally love him to death and am so lucky to have him. I hack out most days, do some pleasure rides and some showing in the summer. He is 9 yo, cream dun and very, very cheeky.

I live in Southend on Sea in Essex and Howard lives in Hockley on a farm with 20 other horses including 5 other Hipos and a part bred.
Caro
Unregistered

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 05:02 PM

I'm Caroline and I live in Gloucestershire.

I only have the one highland at the moment - Rignell Ruari who is 19 and was the first foal bred by the Rignell stud. The other creatures are a lurcher and two cats.

soupdragon
Unregistered

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 06:56 PM

Im Tina and I live in Kewstoke a small village close to Weston Super Mare.OH is Paul,Ihave two grown up daughters and two wonderful grand daughters Lois and Caitlin.Ponies are Highlands,Kirsteen,Kara,Crofter, Iona,Saffron and Ghillie,Nf.Molly and her foal Ruby,Pie,Sec B colt,Rockstar Sec A and also in the yard Joker,Dartmoor,and Leah an arab.We have two dogs,three cats and chickens.
Joanne
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 07:54 PM

I'm Joanne and live near Preston in Lancashire. I have four Highlands - Kinloch of Fourmerk, Rubin of Fourmerk, Walkerdene and Chapelhill Angus. I also have a 2 yr old Fell, Castle Hill Jacob and a 17.2hh hunter, George.

I also have 3 children, 4 dogs and a husband who is now a Highland convert. :wavey:
Kate and Rurie
Administrator

Mood: Happy!!

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 07:54 PM

I'm Kate, I have one wonderful hipo - Rurie (Ruralach of Trailtrow) who is 20 years young. I have a wonderful OH who suffers from intermittent deafness, two "children" both at uni. Olivia gets rather a lot of mentions on here as she is also hipo and horse mad. I am a Support for Learning teacher in a boarding school and work ludicrous hours in term time but the holidays compensate.
Rurie came to me 4 1/2 years ago and we've never looked back, having lost my confidence totally with a big TB/WB cross Rurie has restored it! I only ever rode friends ponies as a child and have never really had riding lessons consistently. Got back into horses about 10 years ago when I began to fail at keeping up with Olivia on her pony!! She now has Sam, he's 10 and a Bavarian WB x cob, he's a big chap (imagine a 16.1 hipo and you get the picture). We have two cats: Griffin, a very regal abbysinian and Gimli a 5 month old kitten who came from Mulletsmum.

Ellie
Super Freak

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 09:22 PM

Hello, I am Ellen, and I own Finlay (Strathmore Spirit) who has been a dream come true. I got him just over a year ago and he was 4 this summer. I have backed him, and am bringing him on. A long way to go, but we have learned lots together and he gives me so much pleasure. We are essentially happy hackers (and have earned a silver rosette this year), but have a dabble at showing and le trec.

I also have a very tolerant OH (who luckily goes cycling when I am riding). Work as an Optician - so riding has to be evenings and weekends, but people at work are used to me arriving for work looking presentable, getting changed after work, and leaving to ride in scraggy jeans, baggy top and muddy boots! Also have two guinea pigs - Georgina and Florence! Am lusting after a HiPo foal - hopefully in years to come....

splodgchops
Fledgeling

[*] posted on 13-10-2007 at 09:58 PM

Hello, I'm Tina and I own Morris (Morris of Millfield) who's 4 lives in Romsley, near the Clent Hills. He's 15H (when last measured) and cream dun. He's a wonderful, friendly, confidence giving chap who loves sleeping almost as much as eating. I've only owned him for 11 months, but have come to realise how lucky I am to have found him.
Emerald
Unregistered

[*] posted on 14-10-2007 at 06:59 AM

Hello, I'm Sue and I have the lovely Spitchwick Sea Emerald on loan from Spitchwick (Cathy) who mostly does hacking and some showing. I also have an IDxTB.
My dream is to breed Highlands in a small way in the future (when work stops getting in the way of life!)

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top