Highland Pony Enthusiasts Club

Interesting new hoof boots?

vakizz - 24-8-2016 at 02:45 PM

Someone just posted this ad on barefoot facebook page, looks very interesting if they work.

http://horserunners.com/

Rebecca - 24-8-2016 at 06:15 PM

Look a bit like the Horsecrox that hold poultices in place - not sure about Velcro in UK mud!

vakizz - 24-8-2016 at 07:25 PM

Someone said they had something very similar a few years ago, which were very successful but they were bought out by someone (their thoughts being they were so good they might put everyone else in the market out of it!) its a point of view. She said they looked identical. will be interesting to see how stable they are, also how expensive:eeek:

getagrip - 24-8-2016 at 09:13 PM

Thanks for sharing - looks interesting :) Although velcro and Hipo hair plus mud not good combo :dizzy:

mulletsmum - 25-8-2016 at 08:24 PM

These would never survive my mud. What happens as the hoof grows?

Baily - 2-9-2016 at 09:51 AM

Agree with Mulletsmum, not sure how they would cope with deep boggy going?

vakizz - 2-9-2016 at 03:08 PM

I was thinking about that but all I can say is that when I had the Ghost saddle on trial, the pads underneath are held in place by mega strong velcro. You could manouvre them around for positioning, but once in position they never moved. So I'm thinking they must have some mega stuff. But I don't think they would put something on the market without testing it properly first as the mud and detaching would be one of the first things that most people would say. The person on facebook who had the original ones said they worked very well. Perhaps we could offer to be guinea pigs?